Joerg-Patrick Stuebgen, M.B., Ch.B., M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Electrodiagnostic Testing
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- M.Med., University of Pretoria, Faculty of Medicine (South Africa), 1989
- M.D., University of Pretoria, Faculty of Medicine (South Africa), 1995
- M.B.,Ch.B., University of Pretoria, Faculty of Medicine (South Africa), 1983
Honors and Awards
- New York Super Doctors (2008)
- Marquis Who's Who in Healthcare and Medicine (2006/7)
- Marquis Who's Who in Science and Engineering (2006/7)
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area Castle Connelly Medical, Ltd. (2006)
- Marquis Who's Who in the World (2006)
- Marquis Who's Who in America (2005)
- Best Doctors in America (2004)
- Top Physicians in America: Consumer Research Council of America (2004/5)
- Honorary Medical Officer, Fire Department of the City of New York
Professor of Clinical Neurology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Patrick Stübgen, MD received his medical degree (MB ChB) from The University of Pretoria, South Africa. He completed his medical internship at Grey's Hospital (Pietermaritzburg, South Africa). He completed his first Neurology residency training (MMed) at The University of Pretoria, South Africa. He completed a Neuromuscular Fellowship at The University of Pretoria, South Africa. He completed his doctoral thesis (MD) on limb girdle muscular dystrophy at The University of Pretoria, South Africa. He completed a second Neurology residency training program in Neurology at The New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He is certified by The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (also with subspecialty of Clinical Neurophysiology) and the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
Dr. Stübgen likes to focus on diagnostic challenges and a sensible, personalized/patient-oriented approach to care by combining diligent bedside neurological evaluation with appropriate state of the art supportive services and technology. His interest and publications are primarily (if not exclusively) in the field of Neuromuscular Diseases e.g., neuropathy, myopathy, myasthenia gravis, neck and back pain with/without radiculopathy.