Locations and Appointments
- Medical Oncology
- Hematology and Oncology
- Adult Hematology/Oncology
- Breast Cancer
- Clotting Disorder
- Bleeding Disorder
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Indiana University School of Medicine, 1987
- B.A., Indiana University, 1981
I am a general medical oncologist and hematologist at Weill Cornell Medicine with a special interest in treating breast cancer. I also have expertise in treating other types of cancer, clotting disorders and bleeding problems. My goal is to provide the best and most efficient care to each of my patients while understanding and respecting each individual’s unique social and cultural backgrounds. I collaborate with a multidisciplinary, world-class team of physicians and cancer specialists to bring the most cutting-edge and compassionate care to my patients. I have conveniently-located offices in Lower Manhattan.
When Experience Matters
When dealing with cancer, you need a physician with knowledge, experience and compassion to care for you.
Dr. Ok-Kyong Chaekal is a board certified Hematologist and Medical Oncologist, an expert in the medical treatment of all types of cancers and blood disorders, with a specific interest in the management of patients with breast cancer.
Dr. Chaekal is a member of the Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College at New York Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital and is Medical Director of the chemotherapy Infusion Suite.
Dr. Chaekal holds a medical degree from Indiana University, where she also completed her clinical training in Internal Medicine. She practiced for several years as a General Internist on the faculty of Baylor College of Medicine before pursuing Hematology/Oncology training at the University of Illinois. She then practiced as a Hematologist/Oncologist at the University of Chicago and in Tinley Park Illinois.
When experience matters, you want someone like Dr. Chaekal on your side. Dr. Chaekal has office hours Monday through Friday.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans