You are here
New York, NY 10065
Dr. Nicole Tyer attended UCLA as an undergraduate where she obtained a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and was also in the College of Letters & Science Honors Program. She received her medical degree from Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She completed Internship, Residency, and a Chief Residency at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and the West Los Angeles VA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. While Chief Resident, she oversaw and coordinated the outpatient clinics for over 100 residents and medical students. She also completed one year of clinical training in Endocrinology and Diabetes at UCLA Medical Center where she was involved with research on the hormonal aspects of obesity. Before joining Weill Cornell Medicine, Dr. Tyer worked as an internist for 4 ½ years at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
In addition to her clinical work, she also serves as Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College where she has taught over a dozen courses on clinical case studies, critical thinking, cultural awareness, and forming the physician-patient relationship.
Dr. Tyer enjoys Internal Medicine because she can focus on “the whole patient” and not just one organ. She is committed to establishing a trusting and pragmatic relationship with each of her patients.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- Internal Medicine
Education & Training
- M.D., Drexel University College of Medicine, 2007
- B.S., University of California, Los Angeles, 2002