At Weill Cornell Medicine, patients are at the center of everything we do, which is why we couldn’t be more excited to announce the opening of our newest location, the David H. Koch Center.
Designed with our patients in mind — and in partnership with NewYork-Presbyterian, the #1 hospital in New York for the past 17 years running — the center is a state-of-the-art facility boasting some of the latest medical technologies as well as new amenities designed to make doctor visits more comfortable and less stressful.
The David H. Koch Center, located at 1283 York Ave., between 68th and 69th streets, opens April 30.
Staffed by Weill Cornell Medicine physicians, the center will house a wide range of ambulatory care services, including:
- Breast care, with multidisciplinary services located on one floor and a room dedicated to breast surgery with mammography and ultrasound equipment
- Radiation oncology, featuring the latest technologies, including an MRI-guided linear accelerator that provides precision radiation treatment of tumors. This device is not available anywhere else in New York State.
- Interventional radiology, including the only MRI-PET angiography suite in the world, enabling doctors to map and treat liver tumors in one visit
- Radiology services such as CT, MRI, PET-CT, PET-MRI, and ultrasound
- Gastrointestinal care, where patients will have a “one-stop shop” for digestive services including surgical and endoscopic procedures
- Ambulatory surgery, including 12 operating suites and 11 endoscopic procedure rooms
- Integrative health and wellbeing services such as acupuncture, nutritional counseling, and mind-body therapies will be available, starting in June 2018
- Ob/Gyn care will be provided at the David H. Koch Center through the new Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns, beginning in 2020
With all these specialties under one roof, patients only need to visit one location to receive individualized and coordinated care, from diagnosis to treatment. Patients will be able to see multiple Weill Cornell Medicine physicians in one building, while the new space allows our team of healthcare experts to work collaboratively and provide the best, holistic care.
The David H. Koch Center also features new amenities to complement the personalized care our physicians provide, such as:
- Online check-in that lets patients can save time by completing their paperwork on their online or on their mobile phone before their visit.
- Personalized “smartband” that provides patients instant access to information about their visit and step-by-step directions to their rooms, where their care team will greet them.
- Private prep and recovery rooms that serve as a “home base” for patients and their companions throughout their visit. In addition to convenience, the dedicated rooms also make it easier for caregivers and clinicians to find family members to provide updates and instructions on follow-up care. Since patients also prep and recover with the same nurse and care team, stationed right outside their room, there is never any confusion about where a patient is going to be or who is taking care of them.
- Amenities for family and friends that accompany patients. Patients’ companions also receive smartbands to gain entry to the building and are given tablets to enjoy customized, streaming entertainment while they wait. Constant communication, including real-time text messages updates, will keep them apprised of the patient’s progress. This information will also be available on a digital smart board in the private recovery area. Loved ones can also step off the procedure floors and spend time in a dedicated lounge area and café.
- A discharge process that eases the transition out of the hospital. As soon as the doctor gives the okay to leave, patients can retrieve their car from the valet service using their phones. Patients can also use their mobile devices to access discharge instructions, review test results and even have video follow-up appointment with their physician from home.
Visit our clinical services pages to schedule an appointment and to learn more about the conditions we treat and the treatments we offer.