My area of expertise is all aspect of cardiac imaging including cardiac MRI and fetal echocardiogram. I consider myself extremely fortunate to be able say I love what I do! It’s an honor to serve patients and their families with all forms of congenital and acquired pediatric heart disease. My goal is to provide the best possible care to every patient I see and to make sure patients are well informed.
Specialties and Expertise
- Noninvasive Cardiac Imaging
- Cardiac MRI
- Transthoracic Echocardiogram
- Transesophageal Echocardiogram
- Fetal Echocardiogram
Dr. Nao Sasaki is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and Komansky Children's Hospital. She is the director of Pediatric Non-invasive Cardiac Imaging at NYP/WCMC.
Dr. Sasaki received her medical degree from Tokyo Medical and Dental University, and completed residency training in pediatrics at Jacobi Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She then completed a fellowship in pediatric cardiology at Mount Sinai Medical Center, and received additional training in cardiac MRI at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in Miami, where she was on faculty at University of Miami and Nicklaus Children’s Hospital.
Her research interest includes cardiac imaging, assessment of heart function, outcomes in patients with congenital heart disease and quality improvement in pediatric cardiology.
Dr. Sasaki is fluent in English and Japanese.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics (Pediatric Cardiology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Tokyo Medical and Dental University (Japan), 2003
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical