Specialties and Expertise
Mootze earned her Bachelor of Science degree from The Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education at The City College of New York University in 2015 and joined Weill Cornell Medicine in 2015.
As a Physician Assistant (PA) she is privileged to collaborate with an excellent team of generalist and specialist-doctors, midlevel practitioners, and researchers. The primary goal of the multi-level approach is to deliver comprehensive and compassionate care and to equip patients with all the information to help empower them to be active in the decision making of their care and to be active in their overall health care.
Mootze loves being a physician assistant because it is a versatile and collaborative field. She enjoys working in different medical settings and across specialties, improving healthcare quality and access to care. She likes to think of her role as patient advocator because the emphasis is on the patient and advocating for their health.
Every day she has the pleasure of meeting different patients from all walks of life, and truly engage in what it means to learn something new every day. This further allows her to personalize medical care for patients and treat each patient as a whole, which is very important to her. She thoroughly enjoys being able to give information on preventative care while providing comprehensive care to women throughout all stages of their lives.
Mootze is excited about finding new ways to make health care and access to information readily available for patients. Every year Mootze participates in the annual health care fair where she also has the opportunity to educate attendees on preventative health care measures and access to health careinformation. She is thankful to have such a rewarding profession and to be part of the Weill Cornell Medicine health care professionals.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
• Board certifications: NCCPA Physician Assistant Certification, NYS
• Physician Assistant Licensing and Registration
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- * Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical