You are here
I promote the use of endoscopic recording of examinations to better demonstrate my findings to patients and referring doctors. I use a recording system of my own design to capture these examinations so that comparisons can easily be made and shared with my patients. I believe that the availability of imagery enhances the treatment and engages the patient in understanding and participating in their illness management.
Specialties & Expertise
- Allergy Testing
- Respiratory Disease
- Allergic Rhinitis
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Laryngeal Disorder
- Chronic Cough
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- Allergy and Immunology
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
Affiliate Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Assistant Attending Physician
Education & Training
- M.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine, 1981
- B.S., University of Michigan, 1977
Dr. Chandler is a native of Michigan and attended the University of Michigan and Wayne State University School of Medicine. He went on to train in internal medicine as well as in allergy-immunology at Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago. After completing his training, Dr. Chandler established a Manhattan based practice in allergy-immunology. In 2014, after many years of solo practice, Dr. Chandler joined Weill Cornell Medicine where he holds an appointment as an Affiliate Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine.
Though trained in all phases of evaluation and management of allergic diseases, Dr. Chandler focusses his practice primarily on issues related to respiratory disease including allergic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis, asthma and some laryngeal disorders. Dr. Chandler is particularly interested in the ways in which these problems may coexist in many patients whose illnesses could benefit from the simultaneous evaluation of multiple causes. This is particularly true for patients who experience chronic cough, chronic sinusitis, and asthma.