Marcus Gutzler, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- M.D., Gutenberg University Mainz Medical School (Germany), 2000
Honors and Awards
Teacher of the Year Award, Department of Anesthesiology, Weill Cornell Medical College, 2009.
Distinguished House Staff Award, Weill Cornell Alumni Council (awarded to one resident from each department annually), 2002.
Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Marcus Gutzler is a Board-Certified Anesthesiologist focused on Clinical Anesthesiology and Education. A native of Zweibrücken, Germany, Dr. Gutzler brings international training to Weill Cornell Medical College. Prior to medical school he served as an EMT ("Rettungssanitäter") in Germany. He earned his Dr.med. from the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz in Germany. He completed his research thesis on the detection of lipid peroxidation through determination of the pentane fraction of exhaled gas. During medical school, he held clerkships in Belgium, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States (Tulane and MSKCC). Dr. Gutzler completed a Research Clerkship and an Internship in Anesthesiology and Critical Care at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and Residency Training in Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College, where he was awarded the Distinguished Housestaff Award in 2002.
After completing residency training, Dr. Gutzler furthered his training in his native Germany, holding faculty positions at both the German Scoliosis Center in Bad Wildungen, Germany, and the Heart Center Dresden in Dresden, Germany. In 2005, Dr. Gutzler returned to Weill Cornell as an Instructor in Anesthesiology; in 2008, he was promoted to Assistant Professor. He regularly lectures residents on a variety of topics related to clinical anesthesia. His clinical areas of expertise include transplant anesthesia, thoracic anesthesia, vascular anesthesia, and complex airway management. The resident body awarded Dr. Gutzler Teacher of the Year in 2009.