Locations and Appointments
- Gastrointestinal Pathology
- Liver Pathology
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pathologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Washington University School of Medicine, 2010
- M.Sc., Washington University in St. Louis, 2010
- B.A., Furman University, 2005
Dr. Pittman completed her Anatomic and Clinical Pathology residency at Washington University in St. Louis. She then moved to Baltimore for a Gastrointestinal/Liver Pathology fellowship at Johns Hopkins under the mentorship of Drs. Elizabeth Montgomery and Ralph Hruban. During this time she became interested in and collaborated on studies that investigate abnormal cell division and migration seen in malignancy. She is also interested in the wide variety of "immune-mediated" diseases present within the gastrointestinal tract and liver.
Dr. Pittman is excited to join the faculty of Weill Cornell Medical College as an Assistant Professor of Pathology.
Pittman ME, Treese S, Chen L, Frater JL, Nguyen TD, Hassan A, Kreisel F. 2013. Utility of flow cytometry of cerebrospinal fluid as a screening tool in the diagnosis of central nervous system lymphoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 137:1610-18. PMID: 24168498.
Pittman ME, Thomas BS, Wallace MA, Weber CJ, Burnham CAD. 2014. Routine testing for anaerobic bacteria in cerebrospinal fluid cultures improves recovery of clinically significant pathogens. J Clin Microbiol. 52:1824-29. PMID: 24622102.
Cai C, Chernock RD, Pittman ME, El-Mofty SK, Thorstad WL, Lewis JS Jr. 2014. Keratinizing- type squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynx: p16 overexpression is associated with positive high-risk HPV status and improved survival. Am J Surg Pathol. 38:809-15. PMID: 24698966.
Pittman ME, Brunt EM. 2015. Anatomic Pathology of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: Histopathology using classic and new diagnostic tools. Clin Liver Dis. 19:239-59. PMID:25921661.
Waclaw B, Bozic I, Pittman ME, Hruban RH, Vogelstein B, Nowak MA. 2015. A spatial model predicts that dispersal and cell turnover limit intratumor heterogeneity. Nature. 10;525:261-4. PMID: 26308893.
Springer S, Wang Y, Molin MD, Masica DL, Jiao Y, Kinde I, Blackford A, Raman SP, Wolfgang CL, Tomita T, Niknafs N, Douville C, Ptak J, Dobbyn L, Allen PJ, Klimstra DS, Schattner MA, Schmidt MC, Yip-Schneider M, Cummings OW, Brand RE, Zeh HJ, Singhi AD, Scarpa A, Salvia R, Malleo G, Zamboni G, Falconi M, Jang JY, Kim SW, Kwon W, Hong SM, Song KB, Kim SC, Swan N, Murphy J, Geoghegan J, Brugge W, Fernandez-Del Castillo C, Mino-Kenudson M, Schulick R, Edil BH, Adsay V, Paulino J, van Hooft J, Yachida S, Nara S, Hiraoka N, Yamao K, Hijioka S, van der Merwe S, Goggins M, Canto MI, Ahuja N, Hirose K, Makary M, Weiss MJ, Cameron J, Pittman ME, Eshleman JR, Diaz LA Jr, Papadopoulos N, Kinzler KW, Karchin R, Hruban RH, Vogelstein B, Lennon AM. 2015. A combination of molecular markers and clinical features improve the classification of pancreatic cysts. Gastroenterology. 149:1501-10. PMID: 26253305.
Pittman ME, Voltaggio L, Bhaijee F, Robertson SA, Montgomery EA. 2015. Autoimmune metaplastic atrophic gastritis: Recognizing precursor lesions for appropriate patient evaluation. Am J Surg Path. 39:1611-20. PMID: 23261507.
Celeiro-Muñoz C, Huebner TA, Robertson SA, Pittman ME, Singhi AD, Arnold CA, Bhaijee F, Voltaggio L, Montgomery EA. 2015. Tactile Corpuscle-like Bodies in Gastrointestina-type Mucosa: A Case Series. Am J Surg Pathol. 39:1668-72. PMID: 26291509.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
2014 - Young Investigator Award, Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists
2013 - Distinguished Service Teaching Award, Washington University School of Medicine