You are here
When you come to Weill Cornell Ophthalmology, you are not just coming to get your eyes examined, or vision checked. I am dedicated to providing the best possible care for you as a whole person, not just as a patient. Armed with the education that I have received and experience in the field, I hope to work with you to provide excellent service and work together to achieve your best vision and eye health and to maximize your quality of life.
My practice includes: comprehensive eye care, diagnosis and management of ocular and systemic diseases, co-management of refractive and cataract surgeries, regular and specialty contact lens fittings, as well as acute/emergent eye care services.
I look forward to the opportunity to be a part in helping you achieve healthy eyes and improved quality of life.
Specialties & Expertise
- Contact Lenses
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- United Health Care
Clinical & Academic Positions
Staff Associate in Ophthalmology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- O.D., State University of New York College of Optometry, 2002
- M.S., State University of New York College of Optometry, 2002
- B.A., New York University, 1998
After receiving her undergraduate degree with in Biology and East Asian Studies from New York University, Dr. Lee-Kung attended SUNY College of Optometry for her Doctor of Optometry as well as her Masters in Vision Science degrees in 2002. She went on to complete a residency in 2003, in the cornea and specialty contact lenses service at the University Optometric Center under the tutelage of prominent corneal specialists and specialty contact lens doctors.
Dr. Lee-Kung is an active fellow of the American Academy of Optometry. She was an instructor of record for the Masters’ Program at the University of Aguascalientes, Mexico. (2003-2004). She has lectured to fellow optometrists and published several articles in peer-reviewed journals and has presented at several professional conferences over the years.
Alongside senior doctors and researchers, she served an Assistant Clinical Professor at the SUNY College of Optometry for 11 years. Dr. Lee-Kung has been a consultant for NY's prestigious New York Eye and Ear Infirmary - Specialty Contact Lens Department where she trained residents to fit complicated cases, including post-surgical and advanced corneal conditions. She has also worked concurrently in optometric private practice over the past 14 years. She then went on to practice at the Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center, where she supervised optometric residents in diagnosis, treatment and management of ocular and systemic diseases and helped in creating the contact lens clinic.
Dr. Lee-Kung is now part of the Weill Cornell Ophthalmology team. She is currently accepting new patients. Her practice interests include: comprehensive eye exams, refractive surgery co-management, cataract co-management, diagnosis and management of glaucoma, retinal diseases, neuro-ophthalmic disorders and anterior segment pathology. Along with these, she also specializes in soft and rigid gas permeable contact lens fittings for basic refractive error as well as specialty contact lens fitting for corneal ectasias such as keratoconus, irregular astigmatism, post-surgical ectasias, presbyopia, aphakia, and high refractive ametropia. Appointments can be made by calling Weill Cornell Medicine Ophthalmology at (646) 962-2020, or by visiting http://www.weillcornelleye.org/.