Maura D. Frank, M.D.
- General Pediatrics
- Adolescent Medicine
- Childhood Obesity
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1988
Honors and Awards
1995 Senior List (award for medical student teaching excellence), Cornell University Medical College
Assistant Attending Pediatrician
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Maura D. Frank, M.D., is a board-certified pediatrician and Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. She is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Frank is the Director of Ambulatory Pediatrics in the Division of General Academic Pediatrics, and the Medical Director of the General Pediatric and Adolescent Practices. She maintains her interest in teenagers as the pediatric director of the Teenage Pregnancy and Parenting program, a program that follows adolescents and their babies both during and after the pregnancy.
Her research interests are in the area of prevention in general pediatrics, specifically obesity prevention and improvement of immunization rates. She is conducting an ongoing research project in which incentives were provided to increase visit compliance and specifically immunization rates for the babies of teenage mothers. She has recently initiated a task force for the prevention and treatment of childhood and adolescent obesity.
After graduating with a B.A. from Barnard College in 1973, Dr. Frank taught high school biology in the public schools of New York City. She completed a Masters Degree in Environmental Education at City College of New York, Graduate School of Education in 1979.
In 1984, Dr. Frank began her medical training at Cornell University Medical College, earning her medical degree (MD) in 1988. In 1991, Dr. Frank completed her residency in Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center, where she then completed a Clinical Fellowship in Ambulatory Pediatrics, from 1991 to 1992.