Marc A. Cohen, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Surgery, Head and Neck
- Skull Base Surgery
- Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
- Skin Cancer Surgery
- Salivary Gland Disorder
- Thyroid Surgery
- Larynx Cancer
- Tonsil Cancer
- Tongue Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- B.A., Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 2001
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 2005
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology
Weill Cornell Medical College
James A. Moore Clinical Scholar in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Marc A. Cohen is a board-certified Otolaryngologist-Head and Neck Surgeon specializing in management of benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck and skull base. These include abnormalities of the skull base, upper aerodigestive tract, thyroid and parathyroid, salivary glands, and skin.
Dr. Cohen grew up in New Jersey and received his B.A. degree from Rutgers University, graduating summa cum laude. He then received his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Following this, Dr. Cohen completed a residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. Dr. Cohen then pursued additional training and completed a fellowship in Head and Neck Surgical Oncology and Reconstruction at the Princess Margaret Cancer Center / University of Toronto.
Dr. Cohen's clinical and research interests address patient oncologic and functional outcomes following treatment for head and neck and skull base lesions. He is specifically interested in research involving minimally invasive and endoscopic techniques. This includes use and investigation of Transoral Robotic Surgery (TORS) for head and neck cancer. He has published numerous articles in the field of Head and Neck Oncology and Skull Base Surgery has presented his research at multiple national and international conferences including the American Head and Neck Society, the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and the North American Skull Base Society.
If you are scheduled to see Dr. Cohen as a new patient, please request, print, and complete a patient packet and bring it with you on the day of your appointment.