You are here
- Thoracic Anesthesia
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2006
- B.S., Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 2002
Honors and Awards
Top Abstract in ASRA E-News, “Stroke, regional anesthesia in the sitting position, and hypotension: A review of 4169 ambulatory surgery patients,” November 2011.
Hospital for Special Surgery Award for Clinical Excellence in Regional Anesthesia, June 2010.
Assistant Attending Anesthesiologist
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Mary Casciano is a Board-Certified Anesthesiologist who specializes in Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology and Thoracic Anesthesiology. A native of New Jersey, Dr. Casciano earned her bachelor’s degree at Rutgers University and her MD at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) in 2006. She completed her internship and residency training in Anesthesiology at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center in 2010. She joined the faculty of NYP/Weill Cornell Medical College as a Fellow and Instructor. Dr. Casciano has been an Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College since 2013.
Dr. Casciano is devoted to patient care, serving as an Administrative Lead Anesthesiologist at Weill Cornell as well as serving as a member of the teams specializing in Thoracic Anesthesia, Transplant Anesthesia, Bariatric Anesthesia, Advanced Airway Anesthesia, and Obstetric Anesthesia. A committed teacher, she currently serves as Resident Advisor and a Thoracic Anesthesiology Curriculum Co-Coordinator. She has conducted research in the lab of Dr. Hugh Hemmings, she has published peer-reviewed research, and she has delivered numerous presentations.