Specialties and Expertise
- Clinical Pathology
- Transfusion Medicine
Dr. Muniz received her bachelor's degree in biology from the University of Puerto Rico in 1994, and her degree in allopathic medicine from the Ponce School of Medicine in Puerto Rico in 2000. She did her internship in internal medicine at the Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx, and then did a residency in anatomical and clinical pathology at Montefiore Medical Center from 2001 to 2005. Subsequent to this training, she did fellowships in transfusion medicine at the NIH and a fellowship in surgical pathology at the Allegheny Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. From 2009 to 2011, she was an Assistant Professor at the University of Arizona. Other positions held since 2011 include being Medical Director at the American Red Cross in Farmington, Connecticut and Medical Director of the American Red Cross in St. Louis, Missouri and Medical Director of the Vitalant Montvale, New Jersey Cord Blood Bank.
Dr. Muniz is board-certified in clinical pathology as well as in transfusion medicine. She has had experience in teaching transfusion medicine to many different audiences. She has been invited to give peer-selected presentations at a variety of institutions and medical societies across the country in the area of transfusion medicine. She has a number of publications and has published several case reports and abstracts. She is most willing to continue teaching and mentoring here at Weill Cornell Medicine.
Dr. Muniz is well versed in transfusion medicine. In this capacity, she has consulted widely with hospitals in Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Illinois and Missouri.
- American Board of Pathology (Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine)
- American Board of Pathology (Clinical Pathology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Pathologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- M.D., Ponce School of Medicine (Puerto Rico), 2000
- M.T.S., Inter American University of Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico), 1995
- B.S., University of Puerto Rico, 1994
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.