Linda T. Vahdat, M.D.
I only care for those with breast cancer. Within breast cancer my major interest is in metastatic disease or high risk adjuvant. The reason for this is that I am involved in many new therapies to treat existing breast cancer as well as strategies to reduce the risk of relapse of breast cancer that has not recurred.
Another research interest of mine is to understand and hopefully impact the development of chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy.
Dr. Linda Vahdat is a Professor of Medicine, Director of the Breast Cancer Research Program and Chief of the Solid Tumor Service at Weill Cornell Medical College. After completing undergraduate studies at Barnard College/Columbia University, she attended medical school and completed her Internal Medicine training at Mount Sinai Hospital in NY. She then completed a fellowship in Hematology and Medical Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, also in NY. Her expertise is in breast cancer and she is involved in the conceptualization, design and conduct of Phase I through III clinical trials mostly in high-risk adjuvant and metastatic breast cancer. Other major research interests include include strategies to understand and prevent metastases, evaluation of new therapies to control breast cancer and chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy. She has been very involved in the American Society of Clinical Oncology since 1994, participating on several committees including the Education Committee, Health Services Research Committee and was co-chair for the ASCO Breast Symposium for 2010. She is also on the Executive board of Cancer Care, Inc since 2005 and was awarded their "Physician of the Year award in 2002 and the Humanitarian Award by Cancer Care of Connecticut in 2007 for her volunteer work with the organization. She is reviewer for a number of peer-reviewed journals including Journal of Clinical Oncology and Clinical Cancer Research.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
1. Crown J, Kritz A, Vahdat L, Reich L, Moore M, Hamilton N, Schneider J, Harrison M, Motzer R, Gilewski T, Hudis C, Gulati S, Norton L. Rapid administration of multiple cycles of high-dose myelosuppressive chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol 1993; 11:1144-1149.
- Crown J, Vahdat L, Fennelly D, Kritz A, Norton L. High-dose chemotherapy with hematopoietic support. Ann NY Acad Sci 1993; 698:378-388.
- Vahdat L, Wong E, Wile MJ, Rosenblum M, Foley K, Warrell RP Jr. Therapeutic and neurotoxic effect of 2-chlorodeoxyadenosine in adults with acute myeloid leukemia. Blood 1994: 84:3429-3434.
- Vahdat L, Eardley A, Maslak P, Heller G, Scheinberg D, Warrell RP Jr. Early mortality and the retinoic acid syndrome in acute promyelocytic leukemia: impact of leukocytosis, low-dose chemotherapy, PML/RAR-alpha isoform, and CD13 expression in patients treated with all-trans retinoic acid. Blood 1994; 84:3843-3849.
- Vahdat L, Raptis G, Fennelly D, Reich L, Harrison M, Tiersten A, Norton L, Crown JP. Rapidly cycled courses of high-dose alkylating agents supported by filgrastim and peripheral blood progenitor cells in patients with metastatic breast cancer. Clin Cancer Research 1995; 1:1267-1273.
- Vahdat L, Raptis G, Fennelly D, Crown J. High dose chemotherapy of metastatic breast cancer. Cancer Invest 1995; 13(5): 505-10.
- Crown J, Raptis G, Hamilton N, Fennelly D, Vahdat L, Norton L. High-dose chemotherapy of breast cancer: current status and developmental strategies. Eur J Cancer 1995; 31(5): 809-11.
- Ross AA, Layton TJ, Ostrander AB, Passos-Coelho JL, Davis JM, Huelskamp AM, Noga SJ, Davidson NE, Kennedy MJ, Cooper BW, Gerson SL, Lazarus HM, Holland K, Gluck S, Moss TJ, Kaubish A, Vahdat L, Antman K. Comparative analysis of breast cancer contamination in mobilized and non-mobilized hematopoietic grafts. Journal of Hematotherapy 1996; Oct; 5(5): 549-52.
- Garrett TJ, Vahdat L, Kinne D. Systemic adjuvant therapy of breast cancer. J Surg Oncol 1997; 64:167-172.
- Papadopoulos KP, Ayello J, Tugulea S, Heitjan DF, Williams C, Reiss R, Vahdat LT, Suciu-Foca N, Antman KH and Hesdorffer CS. Harvest quality and factors affecting collection and engraftment of progenitor CD34+ cells in patients with breast cancer scheduled for high dose CTCb with chemotherapy and G-CSF mobilized peripheral blood progenitor cell support. J Hematotherapy 1997; 6: 61-68.
- Hesdorffer C, Ayello J, Ward M, Kaubisch A, Vahdat L, Balmaceda C, Garrett T, Fetell M, Reiss R, Bank A, Antman K. A Phase I trial of retroviral-mediated transfer of the human MDR-1 gene as marrow chemoprotection in patients undergoing high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation. J Clin Oncol 1998; 16:165-172.
- Vahdat LT, Papadopolous K, Balmaceda C, Fung B, Garrett TJ, Savage D, Tiersten A, Heitjen D, McGovern T, Dunleavy J, Kaufmen L, Antman KH, Hesdorffer C. Phase I trial of sequential high dose chemotherapy with escalating dose paclitaxel, melphalan and cyclophosphamide, thiotepa and carboplatin with peripheral blood progenitor support in women with responding metastatic breast cancer. Clin Cancer Research 1998; 4:1689-1695.
- Papadopoulos KP, Garvin JH, Fetell M, Vahdat LT, Garrett TJ, Savage DG, Balmaceda C, Bruce J, Sisti M, Isaacson S, De LaPaz R, Hawks R, Bagiella E, Antman KH, Hesdorffer CS. High-dose thiotepa and etoposide-based regimens with autologous hematopoietic support for high-risk or recurrent CNS tumors in children and adults. Bone Marrow Transplantation 1998; 22:661-667.
- Lee RP, Oster MW, Balmaceda C, Hesdorffer CS, Vahdat LT, Papadopoulos KP. Bilateral facial nerve palsy secondary to the administration of high-dose paclitaxel. Ann Oncology 1999; 10: 1245-1247.
- Papadopoulos KP, Balmaceda C, Fetell M, Kaufman E, Vahdat LT, Bruce J, Sisti M, Isaacson S, De LaPaz R, Savage D, Troxel A, Antman KH, Hesdorffer CS. A phase I study of high-dose BCNU, etoposide and escalating-dose thiotepa (BTE) with hematopoietic progenitor cell support in adults with recurrent and high-risk brain tumors. J of Neuro-Oncology 1999; 44:155-162.
16. Papadopoulos KP, Egorin, MJ, Huang M, Troxel AB, Kaufman E, Balmaceda CM, Vahdat LT, Hesdorffer CH. The pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of high-dose paclitaxel monotherapy (825 mg/m2 continuous infusion over 24 h) with hematopoietic support in women with metastatic breast cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2001; 47: 45-50.
17. Vahdat L, Papadopoulos K, Lange D, Leuin S, Rosenman S Kaufman E, Donovan D, Frederick D, Bagiella E, Tiersten A, Nichols G, Garrett T, Savage D , Antman K, Hesdorffer C, Balmaceda C. Reduction of Paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathy with glutamine. Clin Cancer Research 2001; 7:1192-1197.
18. Jacobson JS, Troxel AB, Evans, J, Klaus L, Vahdat L, Kinne D, Lo S, Moore A, Rosenman P, Kaufman EL, Neugut AI, Grann VR. Randomized trial of black cohosh for the treatment of hot flashes among women with a history of breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2001; 19(10): 2739-45.
19. Vahdat LT, Balmaceda C, Papadopoulos K, Frederick D, Donovan D, Sharpe E, Kaufman E, Savage D, Tiersten A, Nichols G, Haythe J, Troxel A, Antman K, Hesdorffer C. Phase II trial of sequential high dose chemotherapy with paclitaxel, melphalan and cyclophosphamide, thiotepa, and carboplatin with peripheral blood progenitor support in women with responding metastatic breast cancer. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2002; 30: 149-155.
20. Nichols G, de Castro K, Wei L-X, Griffin M, Oratzi A, Murty VVVS, Troxel A, Vahdat L, Hesdorffer CS. Therapy-related myelodysplastic syndrome after autologous stem cell transplantation for breast cancer. Leukemia 2002; Sept16 (9): 1673-9.
21. Tiersten A, Nelson C, Talbot S, Vahdat L, Fine R, Brafman L, Shriberg L, Antman K and Petrylak DP. A phase II trial of docetaxel and estramustine phosphate in refractory metastatic breast cancer. Cancer 2003; Feb 97 (3): 537-544.
22. Savarese D, Savy G, Vahdat LT, Wischmeyer, Corey B. Prevention of chemotherapy and radiation toxicity with glutamine. Cancer Treatment Reviews 2003; Dec 29(6): 501-13.
23. Clark A, Vahdat LT. Chemotherapy-induced palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia syndrome (PPE): etiology and emerging therapies. Supportive Cancer Therapy 2004; July 1 (4): 213-218.
24. Ocean A, Vahdat LT. Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy: Etiology and emerging therapies. Supportive Care in Cancer 2004; September 12 (9): 619-625.
25. Skerret D, Mansukhani M, Moore EM, Bernstein DS, Vahdat L. Cytokine genotype polymorphisms: associations with primary breast carcinomas in women. Cancer Investigation 2005; 23:208-214.
26. Stubblefield MD, Vahdat LT, Balmaceda CM, Troxel A, Hesdorffer CS, Gooch CL. Glutamine as a neuroprotective agent in high dose paclitaxel-induced peripheral neuropathy: A clinical and electrophysiologic study. Clinical Oncology 2005; 17:271-276.
27. Papadopoulos KP, Noguera-Irizarry W, Wiebe L, Hesdorffer DS, Garvin J, Nichols GL, Vahdat LT, Skerrett D, Bernstein D, Sharpe E, Savage DG. Pilot study of tandem high dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation with a novel combination of regimens in patients with poor risk lymphoma. Bone Marrow Transplant 2005; Sep 36(6) 491-7.
28. Herbst R, Bajorin DF, Bleiber H, Blum D, Hao D, Johnson BE, Ozols RF, Demetri GD, Ganz PA, Kris MG, Levin B, Markman M, Raghavan D, Reaman GH, Sawaya R, Schucter LM, Sweetenham JW, Vahdat LT, Vokes E, Winn RJ, Mayer RJ, American Society of Clinical Oncology. Clinical Cancer Advances 2005: major research advances in cancer treatment, prevention and screening-a report from the American Society of Clinical Oncology. J Clin Oncol 2006; Jan 1:24(1): 190-205.
29. Tiersten A, Selleck M, Smith DH, Wertheim I, Kaufman E, Hershman D, Vahdat L, Savage DG, MacArthur RB, Hesdorffer, C. Phase I/II study of tandem cycles of high dose chemotherapy followed by autologous hematopoietic stem cell support in women with advanced ovarian cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2006; Jan-Feb 16(1):57-64.
30. Sparano JA, Moulder S, Kazi A, Vahdat L, Li T, Pellegrino C, Blaskovich M, Munster P, Lee P, Hoschander S, Hopkins U, Hershman D, Wright JJ, and Sebti S.. Targeted inhibition of farnesyltransferase in locally advanced breast cancer: a phase I-II trial incorporating tipifarnib plus dose-dense doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24 (19): 3013-8.
31. Conlin AK, Vahdat L. Dermatologic toxicity of ixabepilone. Anticancer Res 2006; 26(3B) 2279-80.
32. Huston TL, Pressman PI, Moore An, Vahdat L, Hoda SA, Kato M, Weinstein D, Tousimis E. The presentation of contralateral axillary lymph node metastases from breast carcinoma: a clinical management dilemma. Breast J 2007;Mar-Apr13 (2): 158-64.
33. Vahdat LT, Cohen D, Zipin D, Lo KS, Donovan D, Sharpe D, Savage D, Tiersten A, Nichols G, Troxel A, Hesdorffer CS. Randomized trial of low dose interleukin 2 vs cyclosporine A and interferon g after high dose chemotherapy with peripheral blood progenitor support in women with high risk primary breast cancer. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2007; Aug 403:267-72.
34. Naik R, Jin D, Chuang E, Gold E, Tousimis E, Christos P, de Dalmas T, Donovan D, Rafii S, Vahdat L. Circulating endothelial progenitor cells correlate to stage in patients with invasive breast cancer. Breast Cancer Treat 2008; Jan; 107(1): 133-8 (Epub 2007 Feb 15).
35. Roche H, Yelle L, Cognetti F, Mauriac L, Bunnell C, Sparano J, Kerbrat P, Delord JP, Vahdat L, Peck R, Lebwohl D, Ezzeddine R, Cure H. Phase II clinical trial of ixabepilone (BMS 247550), an epothilone B analog, as first-line therapy in patients with metastatic breast cancer previously treated with anthracycline chemotherapy. J Clin Oncol 2007; Aug 10; 25(23): 3415-20.
36. Thomas E, Tabernero JM, Fornier M, Conte P, Fumoleau P, Lluch A, Vahdat LT, Bunnell CA, Burris HA, Viens P, Peck R, Martin M. Phase II clinical trial of ixabepilone (BMS 247550), an epothilone B analog, in patients with taxane-resistant metastatic breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2007; Aug 10; 25(23): 3399-406.
37. Perez EA, Lerzo G, Pivot X, Thomas E, Vahdat L, Bosserman L, Viens P, Cai C, Mullaney B, Peck R, Hortobagyi GN. Efficacy and safety of ixabepilone (BMS-247550) in a phase II study of patients with advanced breast cancer resistant to an anthracycline, a taxane, and capecitabine. J Clin Oncol 2007; Aug 10; 25(23): 3407-14.
38. Ozols RF, Herbst RS, Colson YL, Gralow J, Bonner J, Curran WJ Eisenberg BL, Ganz PA, Kramer BS, Kris MG, Markman M, Mayer RJ, Raghavan D, Reaman GH, Sawaya R, Schilsky RL, Schuchter LM, Sweetenham JW, Vahdat LT, Winn RJ. American Society of Clinical Oncology. Clinical cancer advances 2006: major research advances in cancer treatment, prevention, and screening-a report from the American Society of Clinical Oncology. J Clin Oncol 2007; 25(1) 146-62.
39. Jhaveri K, Halperin P, Shin S, Vahdat L. Erythema nodosum secondary to aromatase inhibitor use in breast cancer: case reports and review of the literature. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2007; Dec 106(3): 315-8, (Epub 2007 Feb 15)
40. Taylor C, Hershman D, Pegram M, Petrylak D, Taub R, Vahdat L, Cheng B, Knutson K, Clynes R. Treatment with trastuzumab induces anti-Her-2 humoral immunity. Clin Cancer Res 2007; Sep 1; 13 (17): 5133-43.
41. Thomas ES, Gomez HL, Li RK, Chung HC, Fein LE, Chan VF, Jassem J, Pivot XB, Klimovsky JV, de Mendoza FH, Xu B, Campone M, Lerzo GL, Peck RA, Mukhopadhyay P, Vahdat LT, Roché HH. Ixabepilone plus capecitabine for metastatic breast cancer progressing after anthracycline and taxane treatment. J Clin Oncol 2007; Nov 20; 25(33): 5210-7(Epub 2007 Oct 29).
42. Gralow J, Ozols RF, Bajorin DF, Cheson BD, Sandler HM, Winer EP, Bonner J, Demetri GD, Curran W Jr, Ganz PA, Kramer BS, Kris MG, Markman M, Mayer RJ, Raghavan D, Ramsey S, Reaman GH, Sawaya R, Schuchter LM, Sweetenham JW, Vahdat LT, Davidson NE, Schilsky RL, Lichter AS. Clinical Cancer Advances 2007: Major Research Advances in Cancer Treatment, Prevention, and Screening A Report From the American Society of Clinical Oncology. J Clin Oncol. 2007 Jan 1; 25(1): 146-62. Epub 2006 Dec 8.
43. Vahdat L. Ixabepilone: A novel anti-neoplastic agent with low susceptibility to multiple tumor resistance mechanisms. Oncologist 2008; March 13:(3) 214-21.
44. Bunnell C, Vahdat L, Schwartzberg L, Gralow J, Klimovsky J, Poulart V, Peck R, Thomas E. Phase I/II study of ixabepilone plus capecitabine in anthracycline-pretreated/resistant and taxane-resistant metastatic breast cancer. Clin Breast Cancer 2008; Jun 8(3): 234-41.
45. Sparano J, Moulder S, Aslamuzzaman K, Coppola D, Negassa A, Vahdat L, Li T, Pellegrino C, Fineberg S, Munster P, Malafa M, Lee M Hoschander S, Hopkins U, Hershman D, Wright JJ, Kleer CX, Merajver S, Sebti S. A phase II trial of the farnesyl transferase inhibitor tipifarnib plus neoadjuvant dose-dense doxorubicin-cyclophosphamide in patients with locally advanced breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2009; Apr 15; 15(8): 2942-8 .
46. Vahdat L. Choosing a taxane for adjuvant treatment of breast cancer: more than a flip of the coin? Nat Clin Pract Oncol 2008;Oct; 5(10): 570-1 [Epub ahead of print].
47. Winer E, Gralow J, Diller L, Karlan B, Loehrer P, Pierce L, Demetri G, Ganz P, Kramer B, Kris M, Markman M, Mayer R, Pfister D, Raghavan D, Ramsey S, Reaman G, Sandler H, Sawaya R, Schuchter L, Sweetenham J, Vahdat L, Schilsky R, Blayney D, Lichter A. Clinical Cancer Advances 2008: Major Research Advances in Cancer Treatment, Prevention, and Screening--A Report From the American Society of Clinical Oncology. J Clin Oncol. 2009; Feb 10; 27(5): 812-26. [Epub Dec 22 2008]
48. Cigler T and Vahdat L. Integrating epothilones into the treatment of patients with metastatic breast cancer: clinical perspectives on incorporating recent data in the practice setting. Clin Breast Cancer. Dec; 8 Supple 4:S166-70, 2008.
49. Li T, Christos PJ, Sparano JA, Hershman DL Hoschander S, O'Brien K, Wright JJ. Vahdat L. A Phase II study of farnesyl transferase inhibitor tipifarnib plus fulvestrant in postmenopausal patients with hormone receptor- positive metastatic breast cancer: New York Cancer Consortium Trial P6205. Ann Oncol 2009; Apr; 20(4): 642-7.
50. Vahdat L, Pruitt, B, Fabian CJ, Rivera RR, Chuang E, Shuster DE, Meneses NL, Chandrawasna, Fang F, Cole E, Ashworth S, Blum JL. A phase II trial of eribulin mesylate (E7389), a halichondrin B analog, in patients with metastatic breast cancer previously treated with anthracycline and a taxane. J Clin Oncol 2009; June 20; 27(18): 2954-61.
51. Gao D, Nolan D, McDonnell K, Vahdat L, Benezra R, Altorki N, Mittal V. Bone marrow derived endothelial progenitor cells contribute to the angiogenic switch in tumor growth and metastatic progression. Biochim Biophys Acta 2009; Aug;1796(1):33-40. Epub 2009 May 19.
52. Hooper AT, Shmelkov S, Gupta S, Milde T, Bambino K, Gillen K, Goetz M, Chavala S, Baljevic M, Murphy AJ, Valenzuela DM, Gale NW, Thurston G, Yancopoulos GD, Vahdat L, Evans T, Rafii S. Angiomodulin is a specific marker of the vasculature and temporizes proangiogenic effects of VEGF-A during embryogenesis. Circ Res 2009; Jul 17; 105(2): 201-8.
53. Petrelli NJ, Winer EP, Brahmer J, Dubey S, Smith S, Thomas C, Vahdat LT, Obel J, Vogelzang N, Markman M, Sweetenham JW, Pfister D, Kris MG, Schuchter LM, Sawaya R, Raghavan D, Ganz PA, Kramer B. Clinical Cancer Advances 2009: major research advances in cancer treatment, prevention, and screening--a report from the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
J Clin Oncol. 2009 Dec 10;27(35):6052-69. Epub 2009 Nov 9. No abstract available.
54. Chuang E, Wiener N, Christos P, Kessler R, Cobham M, Donovan D, Goldberg GL, Caputo T, Doyle A, Vahdat L, Sparano JA. Phase I trial of ixabepilone plus pegylated liposomal doxorubicin in patients with adenocarcinoma of the breast or ovary. Ann Oncol. 2010 Oct;21(10):2075-80. Epub 2010 Mar 31. PMID: 20357034
55. Cigler T, Vahdat LT. Eribulin mesylate for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2010 Jun;11(9):1587-93.PMID: 20450446
56. Hortobagyi GN, Gomez HL, Li RK, Chung HC, Fein LE, Chan VF, Jassem J, Lerzo GL, Pivot XB, Hurtado de Mendoza F, Xu B, Vahdat LT, Peck RA, Mukhopadhyay P, Roché HH.Analysis of overall survival from a phase III study of ixabepilone plus capecitabine versus capecitabine in patients with MBC resistant to anthracyclines and taxanes. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010 Jul;122(2):409-18. Epub 2010 May 8.PMID: 20454927
57. Loizzo JJ, Peterson JC, Charlson ME, Wolf EJ, Altemus M, Briggs WM, Vahdat LT, Caputo TA. The effect of a contemplative self-healing program on quality of life in women with breast and gynecologic cancers. Altern Ther Health Med. 2010 May-Jun;16(3):30-7.PMID: 20486622
58. Cortes J, Vahdat LT, Blum JL, Twelves C, Campone M, Roché H, Bachelot T, Awada A, Paridaens R, Goncalves A, Shuster DE, Wanders J, Fang F, Gurnani R, Richmond E, Cole PE, Ashworth S, Allison MA.A phase II trial of the Halichondrin B analog eribulin mesylate (E7389) in patients with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer previously treated with an anthracycline, taxane and capecitabine. J Clin Oncol. 2010 Sep 1; 28(25):3922-8. Aug 2. [Epub ahead of print]PMID: 20679609
59. Morrow PK, Divers S, Provencher L, Luoh SW, Petrella TM, Giurescu M, Schmelter T, Wang Y, Hortobagyi GN, Vahdat LT.A Phase II study evaluating the efficacy and safety of sagopilone (ZK-EPO) in patients with metastatic breast cancer that has progressed following chemotherapy. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2010 Oct;123(3):837-42. Aug 10. [Epub ahead of print]PMID: 20697802
60. Roche H and Vahdat LT Treatment of metastatic breast cancer: second line and beyond.Ann Oncol 2010. May;22(5):1000-10. Nov 1;17(21):6615-22.PMID: 20966181
- Cortes J, O'Shaughnessy J, Loesch D, Blum JL, Vahdat LT, Petrakova K, Chollet P, Manikas A, Dieras V, Delozier T, Vladimirov V, Cardoso F, Koh H, Bougnoux P, Dutcu C, Seegobin S, Mir D Meneses N, Wanders J Twelves C.A Phase III open-label randomised study (EMBRACE) of eribulin monotherapy versus treatment of physician's choice in patients with metastatic breast cancer. Lancet. 2011 Mar 12;377(9769):914-23. Epub 2011 Mar 2.PMID:21376385
- Fang F, Turcan S, Rimner A, Kaufman A, Giri D, Morris LG, Shen R, Seshan V, Mo Q, Heguy A, Baylin SB, Ahuja N, Viale A, Massague J, Norton L, Vahdat LT, Moynahan ME, Chan TA.Breast cancer methylomes establish an epigenomic foundation for metastasis. Sci Transl Med. 2011 Mar 23;3(75):75ra25. PMID: 21430268
- Jain S, Vahdat LT Eribulin mesylate. Clin Cancer Res. 2011 Nov 1;17(21):6615-22. Aug 22. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 21859830
- Jassem J, Fein L, Karwal M, Campone M, Peck R, Poulart V, Vahdat L.
Ixabepilone plus capecitabine in advanced breast cancer patients with early relapse after adjuvant anthracyclines and taxanes: A pooled subset analysis of two phase III studies. Breast. 2011 Sep 19. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 21937232
- Jain S, Ward MM, O'Loughlin J, Boeck M, Wiener N, Chuang E, Cigler T, Moore A, Donovan D, Lam C, Cobham MV, Schneider S, Christos P, Baergen RN, Lane ME, Mittal V, Rafi S, Vahdat LT. Incremental increase in VEGFR1+ and VEGFR2+ hemangiogenic cells predict relapse and tumor response in breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2011.Dec 9 [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 22160642
- Keir C, Vahdat LT.The Use of an Antibody Drug Conjugate, Glembatumumab Vedotin (CDX-011), for the Treatment of Breast Cancer. Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy 2012 (manuscript in press)
- Vahdat LT, Thomas ES, Roche H, Hortobagyi, GN, Sparano JS, Yelle L, Fornier MN, Martin M, Bunnell CA, Mukhopadhyay P, Peck RA, Perez EA. Ixabepilone-associated peripheral neuropathy: data from across the phase II and III clinical trials. Journal of Supportive Care in Cancer 2012(manuscript in press)
- Gao D, Joshi N, Choi H, Ryu S, Vahdat LT, Port J, Stiles B, Altorki NK, Rafii and Mittal S. Myeloid progenitor cells promote lung metastases through induction of mesenchymal to epithelial transition. Cancer Research 2012 (Manuscript in press)
1. Fennelly D, Vahdat L, Schneider J, Hakes T, Raptis G, Wasserheit C, Kritz A, Gulati S, Norton L: High intensity therapy with peripheral blood progenitor cell support. Semin Oncol. 1994; Apr; 21(2 Suppl 2): 21-5.
2. Vahdat L, Antman KH: High dose therapy for breast cancer. Blood Reviews 1995; 9:191-200.
3. Vahdat L, Antman KH. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation for breast cancer. Current Opinion in Hematology 1997; 4:381-389.
4. Vahdat L, Antman KH: High dose chemotherapy for breast cancer. Clinical Oncology Updates 1999; 2: No. 3.
5. Vahdat L. Clinical studies of epothilones for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer. Sem Oncol 2008 April; 35:(2 Suppl 2) S22-30.
Editorial and Critical Reviews
1. Vahdat L. Antman KH. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly 6(1), 1995
2. Vahdat L. Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly 6(2), 1995
3. Atieh D and Vahdat L. Microtubule stabilizing agents: Halichondrin B analog (E 7389) in Breast Diseases: A Year Book Quarterly. 2007;18(1) 21-23.
1. Vahdat L, Antman KH. Dose-intensive therapy in breast cancer. In: Antman KH, Armitage JA, eds. High-dose cancer therapy: pharmacology, hematopoietins and stem cells. Baltimore, MD: Williams and Wilkins; pp. 802-82, 1995
2. Vahdat LT, Tiersten A, Antman KH. Autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for breast cancer. In: Atkinson K, ed. Clinical bone marrow and stem cell transplantation. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press (2nd Edition), pp. 317-335, 2000
3. Vahdat L, Antman KH. Dose-intensive therapy in breast cancer. In: Antman KH, Armitage JA, eds. High-dose cancer therapy: pharmacology, hematopoietins and stem cells. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; pp. 821-840, 2000
4. Siegel A, Vahdat L. Allogeneic stem cell transplant for Breast Cancer. In: Lazarus HM, Laughlin MJ, eds. Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press; pp.57-68, 2003
5. Atieh DM, Vahdat LT. Targeted therapy in breast cancer. In Teicher B ed. Molecular Targeting in Oncology. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press, 2007
Honors and Awards
1998 Outstanding Service Award from Cancer Care, Inc.
1999 Outstanding Service Award from Cancer Care, Inc.
2002 "Physician of the Year" Award from Cancer Care, Inc.
2003-2007 Outstanding Service Award from Cancer Care, Inc.
2007 Margie Filter Individual Achievement Award from Cancer Care of Connecticut, Inc.
2010 ASCO Statesman Award
2011 Scientific Research and Advancements in Breast Cancer Award
From Susan G Komen for the Cure
2011 Margery Price Annual Breast Cancer Symposium Award from Mount
Sinai School of Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Breast Oncology
- Breast Cancer
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- B.A., Barnard College - Columbia University, 1982
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1987