Locations and Appointments
- Primary Care Internist
- Internal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., St. George's University School of Medicine (Grenada), 1986
Dr. Lucy Painter has been with Weill Cornell Medicine since 1996. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine. She went to Hampshire College in Amherst, MA. She received her MD from St. George's University School of Medicine in Grenada. She took an Advanced Management Program for Clinicians at NYU, and has served as the Assistant Medical Director of Primary Care on the West Side.
Dr. Painter completed her Residency at St. Luke's-Roosevelt, NY and was Chief Resident in 1991. She has worked and taught at St. Luke's-Roosevelt and Columbia College of Physicians & Surgeons prior to Weill Cornell Medical College. She has held several consulting jobs with an interest in Community Health. Dr. Painter was Medical Editor for AmFAR - American Foundation for AIDS Research and for NIAID - the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- * AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Blue Priority Network
- * CIGNA
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- * Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- * Medicare
- * Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- * Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- * Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- * United Health Care