Locations and Appointments
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Breast Imaging
- US Breast
- Breast Sonogram
- Breast MRI
- Needle Localization
- Needle Localization of Both Breasts
- Needle Localization of Breast
- Stereotactic Biopsy of Breast
- MR Guided Breast Biopsy
- Ultrasound Guidance For Biopsy of Both Breasts
- Ultrasound Guidance For Biopsy of Breast
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2005
- A.B., Harvard College, 2001
Kathleen Meghan Doherty, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist practicing general radiology, with subspecialty training in Breast Imaging. She is Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Doherty is a graduate of Harvard University earning her A.B. degree in Biology and Psychology in 2001. She earned her M.D. degree from Weill Cornell Medical College in 2005.
After a transitional internship year at St. Vincent’s Hospital (NYC) Dr. Doherty received residency training (2006-2010) in Diagnostic Radiology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center. She was elected as Chief Resident in 2009-2010. Dr. Doherty then completed a fellowship (2010-2011) in Breast Imaging at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
Dr. Doherty has achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2010.
Dr. Doherty joined the full-time faculty of Weill Cornell Medical College and was appointed Assistant Professor of Radiology and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus in August 2011.
Dr. Doherty is a member of the Weill Cornell radiology team located at NewYork-Presbyterian-Lower Manhattan Hospital (170 William Street) which provides a full array of diagnostic radiologic services. Dr. Doherty’s clinical expertise is in Women’s Imaging and she interprets mammography, breast ultrasound, and breast MRI, and performs breast procedures including needle localization, stereotactic breast biopsy, and ultrasound and MRI-guided breast biopsy. She also performs body CT, body ultrasound, and body MRI.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans