Specialties and Expertise
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Intensive Care After Cardiac Surgery
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- Respiratory Failure
- Traumatic Brain Injury
I specialize in the care of children who are critically ill and have a particular interest in those with congenital heart disease. I have pursued advanced training in caring for children with cardiac disease and those who require heart surgery. I am dedicated to my patients and strive to help families with the challenges of having their child in an intensive care unit.
Dr. Kelly Haque is an assistant professor of clinical pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine at Weill Cornell Medicine and an assistant attending pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children’s Hospital. Her area of expertise is pediatric critical care medicine with special interest in post-surgical management of children following cardiac procedures.
Dr. Haque received her medical degree (M.D.) from Weill Cornell Medical College and completed Pediatric residency training at Emory University School of Medicine. She completed a fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center followed by a fellowship in Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Medicine at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. She is board certified in Pediatrics.
During medical school, she completed advanced training in clinical and translational research. Dr. Haque's research in fellowship included the use of antiseizure medication in children with traumatic brain injury and improving communication with families in the Pediatric ICU. Her ongoing research interests include the study of neurodevelopmental outcomes for children after cardiac surgery as well as transfusion practices surrounding cardiac surgery.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2013
- B.A., B.S., State University of New York at Buffalo, 2006
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY