Karin Charnoff-Katz, M.D.
425 E. 61st St., 8-11th Floor
New York, NY 10065
P: (212) 821-0600 | F: (212) 821-0671
1305 York Avenue, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10021
P: (212) 821-0600
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Ultrasound of Breast
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1984
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
BiographyDr. Karin Charnoff-Katz is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College Campus. She is a member of the Division of Women’s Imaging and Weill Cornell Imaging at NYP, our outpatient imaging practice. She performs a wide variety of exams and procedures including mammography, breast MRI, breast ultrasound, ultrasound-guided core biopsy, MRI- guided breast biopsy, stereotactic breast biopsy and fine needle aspiration cytology.
Dr. Charnoff-Katz earned her B.A from Barnard College of Columbia University in 1977. She was awarded her M.D. from Cornell University Medical College in 1984 and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society at graduation. Dr. Charnoff-Katz received radiology residency training (1987-1991) in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN. Dr. Charnoff-Katz achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 1991.
After completing a Fellowship in Breast Imaging at Weill Cornell Medical College, Department of Radiology from 2001-2002 Dr. Charnoff-Katz joined the Department of Radiology faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College and was appointed Assistant Professor of Radiology in 2002.
Prior to joining Weill Cornell Dr.Charnoff-Katz was on the clinical staff of the University of Tennessee Medical Center and the Regional Medical Center at Memphis from 1991-1999.