Karin Charnoff-Katz, M.D.
Specialties and Expertise
- Ultrasound of Breast
- Breast MRI
- Ultrasound-Guided Breast Core Biopsy
- MR Guided Breast Biopsy
- Stereotactic Biopsy of Breast
- Cytologic Examination of Fine Needle Aspirate of Breast
Dr. Karin Charnoff-Katz is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and an Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College Campus. She is a member of the Division of Women’s Imaging and Weill Cornell Imaging at NYP, our outpatient imaging practice. She performs a wide variety of exams and procedures including mammography, breast MRI, breast ultrasound, ultrasound-guided core biopsy, MRI- guided breast biopsy, stereotactic breast biopsy and fine needle aspiration cytology.
Dr. Charnoff-Katz earned her B.A from Barnard College of Columbia University in 1977. She was awarded her M.D. from Cornell University Medical College in 1984 and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society at graduation. Dr. Charnoff-Katz received radiology residency training (1987-1991) in Diagnostic Radiology at the University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN. Dr. Charnoff-Katz achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 1991.
After completing a Fellowship in Breast Imaging at Weill Cornell Medical College, Department of Radiology from 2001-2002 Dr. Charnoff-Katz joined the Department of Radiology faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College and was appointed Assistant Professor of Radiology in 2002.
Prior to joining Weill Cornell Dr.Charnoff-Katz was on the clinical staff of the University of Tennessee Medical Center and the Regional Medical Center at Memphis from 1991-1999.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Radiologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1984
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans