Specialties and Expertise
- Adult Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy
- Anxiety Disorder
- Postpartum Depression
- Women's Mental Health
- Behavioral Medicine
- Chronic Illness
- Young Adults
- Cognitive Therapy
- Psychiatric Aspects of Physical Illness
Kate Herts, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist with expertise in evidence-based interventions for adolescents and adults suffering from anxiety disorders, mood disorders, chronic medical problems, and women’s health concerns. She specializes in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and provides a variety of clinical services including diagnostic assessments, therapy, and consultations. Dr. Herts is an Assistant Professor of Psychology in Clinical Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Psychologist at New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Kate Herts completed her Bachelor of Arts at Brown University and earned her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where she received research and clinical training in evidence-based interventions for children, adolescents, and adults. Her program of research is focused on designing, implementing, and evaluating psychological treatments for patients with cancer and women with reproductive mental health concerns. Dr. Herts has contributed multiple publications and lectures nationally on promoting psychological resilience for these populations.
Dr. Herts completed her clinical internship and postdoctoral fellowship at the Cognitive Therapy Clinic of Weill Cornell Medicine, where she provided treatment to adults with a wide range of anxiety and mood disorders. Dr. Herts is an expert in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and has extensive experience and training in a number of related treatment modalities, including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), and Schema Therapy.
Dr. Herts is a psychologist at the Collaborative Care Center. She specializes in treating patients with reproductive mental health concerns, such as postpartum depression, as well as patients with cancer.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
• Outstanding Student Clinician Award, Society for a Science of Clinical Psychology, 2016
• Senior Clinical Scientist Award, UCLA Clinical Psychology Training Program, 2016
• Graduate Research Mentorship Fellowship, UCLA Graduate Division, 2013-2014
• Summer Research Mentorship Fellowship, UCLA Graduate Division, 2013
• Distinguished University Fellowship, UCLA, 2012-2013
• Alumni Association Fellowship, UCLA, 2012
• Horace W. Goldsmith Fellowship, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, 2011-2012
• White Internship Award, Brown University, 2007
• Undergraduate Teaching Research Assistantship, Brown University, 2005
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Psychology in Clinical Psychiatry - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2018
- M.S., Harvard School of Public Health, 2012
- M.S.Ed., University of Pennsylvania, 2010
- B.A., Brown University, 2008
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark