Juveria Abdullah, M.D.
After residency I continued my practice in hospital medicine where I focused on treating acutely ill patients with various medical problems including cardiac, gastrointestinal, neurologic, psychiatric, urologic, infectious, musculoskeletal and vascular diseases. Over the years I treated many patients who had repeat hospitalizations for recurrent issues in which medications served a limited role in alleviating their illnesses. I became curious and eager to help patients improve their health by assessing the root of their ailments. I soon realized that in addition to their clinical diagnosis and conventional treatment, each patient's ability to heal was greatly influenced by stress, psychosocial factors, medication side effects and nutrition. I believe it is of utmost value to help a patient from a holistic approach and it is the reason I have now joined the Integrative Health and Wellbeing Fellowship at Weill Cornell to formalize my training and guide my clinical approach to include medical and non-medical factors in the care of my patients. I am also continuing my career as a hospitalist to best incorporate complementary therapies into the current standard of practice, with the ultimate goal of promoting a multimodal approach to healing in the inpatient setting.
Specialties and Expertise
- Integrative Medicine
Dr. Juveria Abdullah is board certified in internal medicine. She obtained her B.A. in Economics-Philosophy at Columbia University in 2009. She obtained her Medical Degree at Weill Cornell Medical College in 2013 and completed her Internal Medicine Residency at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine in 2016. She stayed with Weill Cornell in the Section of Hospital Medicine from 2016-2017. In 2017 she joined the faculty at UCLA Medical Center as a hospitalist where she worked on quality improvement projects on hospitalist sustainability and engagement and physician wellness. Juveria has now re-joined the faculty at Weill Cornell Medicine as an Assistant Professor where she continues her work as a hospitalist and is pursuing the Integrative Health and Wellbeing Fellowship to broaden the scope of her practice with the hope to provide a more holistic approach to treating patients in both the inpatient and outpatient setting.
She is passionate about global health and has done work in creating health education programs and volunteer clinic services in Yamasa, Dominican Republic.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, 2013
- B.A., Columbia University, 2009
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported