Juan Emilio Carrillo, M.D.
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office to verify that your insurance is accepted.
- Blue Access
- Blue Connection
- Mediblue (Senior)
- Medicare Advantage
- Community Plan
About Juan Emilio Carrillo, M.D.
Dr. J. Emilio Carrillo is an Associate Attending Physician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine and Clinical Public Health at the Weill Cornell Medical College. He holds an undergraduate degree from Columbia College and a medical degree from Harvard Medical School. After completing his residency in medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital, Dr. Carrillo earned an M.P.H. from the Harvard School of Public Health.
In addition to his academic duties, Dr. Carrillo serves as President and Chief Medical Officer of the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Community Health Plan, the Hospital's managed Medicaid program.
- 1996-98: The Medical Foundation, Research Fellow Award
- 1990: National Boricua Health Award
- 1990: Concilio Hispano Award
- 1990: Boriua Health Award, Harvard Medical School
- 1990: The National Guidance Council Award
- 1990: Certificate of Appreciation and Recognition of Service, The Latino Caucus, American Public Health Association
- 1990: National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute Award
- 1990 & 1991: Black United Fund of New York Award
- 1990: Herencia Latina, New York University
- 1990: Outstanding Service Award in Recognition of Commitment to Community Based Health Care Services, Renaissance Health Care Network
- 1991: Top 100 National Hispanic Leaders, Hispanic Business Magazine
- 1992: The Most Influential Physicians in New York, New York State Medical News
- 1992: Distinguished Panel of Hispanic Scientists, Award Recipient and Keynote Presenter, National Institutes of Health
- 1993: Life Time Achievement Award, York College, Hispanic Club
- 1994:Latino Caucus Award, American Public Health Association
- 1997: Distinguished Service and Leadership Award, National Hispanic Medical Association
- 1999: Partnering for Quality Improvement, New York State Department of Health, Asthma Disease Management
M.P.H.Harvard School of Public Health1981
M.D.Harvard Medical School1976
Associate Attending PhysicianNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Clinical Associate Professor of MedicineWeill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported