James S. Killinger, M.D.
Dr. Killinger graduated from Jefferson Medical College in 2001, and completed his residency training at The Children’s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland in 2004. He completed a fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital in in 2007. From 2007 – 2013, he served on the faculty of The Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Children’s Hospital at Montefiore) as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Director of the PCCM Fellowship Training Program.
Dr. Killinger's research interests are in myocardial dysfunction in varying clinical states: post-bypass, in septic shock, etc.
His clinical responsibilities include caring for children at the NYP Komansky Center for Children's Health/Weill Cornell Medical Center and also at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, where he is the Medical Director of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Liveris A, Bello RA, Friedman P, Duffy MA, Manwani, D, Killinger JS, Rodriquez D, Weinstein S. Anti-Factor Xa Assay is a Superior Correlate of Heparin Dose The Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time or Activate Clotting Time in Pediatric Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine (in press).
- Raj S, Killinger JS, Gonzalez JA, Lopez L. Myocardial Dysfunction in Pediatric Septic Shock. Journal of Pediatrics (in press)
- Raj S, Killinger J, Overby P. Blood Transfusion in Sickle Cell Disease Leading to Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (PRES). Journal of Child Neurology 2012 (10):1284-6.
- Mastropietro CM, Clark JA, Grimaldi L, Killinger JS, Richmond M. The Patient with a Single Cardiac Ventricle. Current Pediatric Reviews 2012; 8: 253 – 276.
- Killinger, James S. and Marilyn C. Morris. Informed Consent. In: Pediatrics: A Competency Based Companion. McMahon and Stryjewski (eds); Elsevier, 2011.
- Killinger JS, Ross SLP, Pass RH. Pneumomediastinum and tension pneumopericardium following congenital diaphragmatic hernia repair – presentation and transcatheter drainage. Pediatric Cardiology 2009; 30 (7): 1048-1049.
- Baird JS, Killinger JS, Kalkbrenner KJ, Bye MR, Schleien CL. Massive Pulmonary Embolism in Children. Journal of Pediatrics 2010; 156 (1): 148-151.
- Killinger JS, Hsu DT, Schleien CL, Mosca RS, Hardart GE. Children undergoing heart transplant are at increased risk for postoperative vasodilatory shock. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine 2009; 10 (3): 335-340
Honors and Awards
- 2014, Presidential Citation – “For outstanding contributions to the Society of Critical Care Medicine.”
- 2013, Presidential Citation – “For outstanding contributions to the Society of Critical Care Medicine.”
- 2011, Presidential Citation – “For outstanding contributions to the Society of Critical Care Medicine.”
- 2008, “Lewis M. Fraad, MD Award for Excellence in Resident Teaching” – Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University
- 2007, “Fellow of the Year” – Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- A.B., Princeton University, 1995
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 2001