Specialties and Expertise
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Obstetrics, High Risk
- Maternal-Fetal Ultrasound
- Obstetric Ultrasound
- Prenatal Diagnosis
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Abnormal Prenatal Diagnosis
- Abnormal Genetic Test In Pregnancy
- Thrombophilia During Pregnancy
Dr. John Ilagan practices at Weill Cornell Medicine Ob/Gyn 68th Street offices. He specializes in the care of high risk obstetrics
Dr. John Ilagan is a Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist with expertise in the area of high risk obstetrics. In his practice, he performs obstetric ultrasounds and prenatal diagnostic procedures. His special interests include prenatal genetics, thrombophilia in pregnancy, and obstetric epidemiology.
Dr. Ilagan is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal-Fetal Medicine. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology in Philadelphia the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, and his Maternal-Fetal Medicine fellowship at Albert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, NY. Dr. Ilagan received a Top Doctor Award for providing excellent patient care in 2017.
Weill Cornell Medicine is recognized as one of the world’s leading centers for clinical practice, research and teaching in the rapidly developing field of high risk obstetrics. For knowledgeable healthcare consumers and referring physicians throughout the New York metropolitan area, Weill Cornell Medicine is the preferred provider of health care services for women who are or want to become pregnant.
Dr. Ilagan received his undergraduate and medical degree from Wayne State University in Detroit, MI. He completed an Obstetrics and Gynecology residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA and a Maternal-Fetal Medicine fellowship at Albert Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, NY. Dr. Ilagan went on to obtain a Master of Science degree in epidemiology at Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York, NY.
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.S., Columbia University, School of Public Health, 2015
- M.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine, 1997
- B.S., Wayne State University, 1991
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- GHI - CBP
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Compass