I am a board-certified neonatologist with a strong interest in family-centered care, palliative care/neonatal ethics, pulmonary hypertension, bronchopulmonary dysplasia, and congenital heart disease.
Joanne Bishara, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and NewYork-Presbyterian Queens. Dr. Bishara is the Director of the Division of Neonatology at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens.
Dr. Bishara earned her M.D. from the New York University School of Medicine in 2006. She completed her internship and residency in Pediatrics at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in 2007 and 2009, respectively. This was followed by a fellowship in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine at Columbia University – Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital in 2012.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics (Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Queens
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2006
- B.S., University of Scranton, 2002
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported