Josyann Abisaab, M.D.
Josyann Abisaab, M.D., FACEP
- Emergency Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Acute Care Medicine
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 1989
Assistant Attending Physician
Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Josyann Abisaab is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and a Senior Associate Attending Physician in the Department of Emergency Medicine at New York Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Abisaab graduated from the University of Rochester School of Medicine where she was elected to the national Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and awarded the Janet M. Glasgow Memorial Achievement Award from the American Medical Women's Association. She completed a residency in Internal Medicine at New York Hospital-Cornell University Medical Center and became board certified in both Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine.
Dr. Abisaab has been practicing Emergency Medicine for over 20 years. She received a service recognition award from Dean Antonio M. Gotto Jr., Provost of Weill Cornell Medical College as well as an award from the Emergency Department at Weill Cornell for helping establish and nurture Emergency Medicine as a clinical and academic specialty.
Dr. Abisaab is a faculty member of the Global Emergency Medicine Program at the Weill Cornell Medical College. She has a special interest in International Emergency Medicine, particularly in the development of Emergency Medicine as a specialty in the Middle East. She organized a regional conference on Emergency Medicine in Beirut, Lebanon and was appointed the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Lead Ambassasor to Lebanon. Her other interests include: Cardiac Resuscitation, Therapeutic Hypothermia, EMS, Disaster Preparedness and Humanitarian Relief.