J. Levi Chazen, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Diagnostic Radiology
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 2007
- B.S., The Johns Hopkins University, 2002
Assistant Professor of Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Radiologist
J. Levi Chazen, M.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Neuroradiology. He is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Chazen earned his B.S. degree, with departmental and university honors, in Biomedical Engineering from the Johns Hopkins University in 2002. He was awarded his M.D. degree, magna cum laude, in 2007 from Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA where he graduated top 5 in his class and was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society.
Dr. Chazen completed an Internal Medicine internship at St. Vincent’s Hospital in New York City and a Diagnostic Radiology residency (2008 – 2012) at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in July 2012. Dr. Chazen went on to complete a Neuroradiology fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Medical Center before joining the Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Radiology faculty in August 2013.
Dr. Chazen’s clinical expertise is in Neuroradiology with a focus on spine imaging and imaged-guided spine interventions. He interprets a variety of studies including radiographs, CT, and MRI involving the brain, spine, and the head & neck and performs neuro-interventional procedures such as CT and fluoroscopic guided nerve blocks, facet blocks, epidural injections, epidural blood patch, lumbar punctures and myelography. Dr. Chazen has further expertise in minimally invasive back surgery including CT-guided facet radiofrequency ablation (RFA), median branch nerve blocks, cervical nerve and facet blocks, vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty, Impar ganglion blocks, synovial cyst aspiration/fenestration, and piriformis muscle Botox injections.
Dr. Chazen’s research interests involve head and neck imaging and CT-guided minimally invasive spine procedures. He serves as a peer reviewer for the journal Neuroradiology. In addition to clinical and research activities, Dr. Chazen is actively engaged in the education of medical students, residents, and fellows at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Chazen is a member of several prestigious radiological societies:
- American Society of Neuroradiology (ASNR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- American Medical Association (AMA)