Jeffrey Howard Kern, M.D.
I practice Pediatric Cardiology, caring for children with all types of heart disease. I perform non-invasive testing, including stress tests, tilt table tests, electrocardiograms, and echocardiograms.
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Echocardiography
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Pediatric Holter Monitor
- Congenital Heart Disease, Pediatric
- Stress Testing
- Pediatric Electrophysiology
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1989
Honors and Awards
- 1997-2000 Best Teacher Award, Flushing Hospital, Department of Pediatrics
Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Attending Pediatrician
Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Jeffrey Kern is a Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at the Weill Cornell campus of the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Kern performs a variety of non-invasive tests, including exercise stress tests, tilt-table tests, stress electrocardiography, holter monitoring and echocardiography. He sees patients at the Weill Cornell campus as well as at Flushing and Jamaica Hospitals.
Dr. Kern completed his undergraduate degree at Yeshiva University and his medical degree at the Albert Einstein School of Medicine. After completing a residency in General Pediatrics at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, Dr. Kern completed further training in pediatric cardiology at the Babies and Children's Hospital of Columbia Presbyterian where he completed a fellowship.
In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Kern has published extensively on a variety of topics, including early results and developmental outcomes after surgical repair of hypoplastic left heart syndrome, arrhythmias and their management in the setting of congenital heart disease, and fetal echocardiography and its impact on modern pediatric cardiology.