Specialties and Expertise
- Pediatric Echocardiography
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Pediatric Holter Monitor
- Congenital Heart Disease, Pediatric
- Stress Testing
- Pediatric Electrophysiology
I practice Pediatric Cardiology, caring for children with all types of heart disease. I perform non-invasive testing, including stress tests, tilt table tests, electrocardiograms, and echocardiograms.
Jeffrey Kern is a Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at the Weill Cornell campus of the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Kern performs a variety of non-invasive tests, including exercise stress tests, tilt-table tests, stress electrocardiography, holter monitoring and echocardiography. He sees patients at the Weill Cornell campus as well as at Flushing and Jamaica Hospitals.
Dr. Kern completed his undergraduate degree at Yeshiva University and his medical degree at the Albert Einstein School of Medicine. After completing a residency in General Pediatrics at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, Dr. Kern completed further training in pediatric cardiology at the Babies and Children's Hospital of Columbia Presbyterian where he completed a fellowship.
In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Kern has published extensively on a variety of topics, including early results and developmental outcomes after surgical repair of hypoplastic left heart syndrome, arrhythmias and their management in the setting of congenital heart disease, and fetal echocardiography and its impact on modern pediatric cardiology.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- 1997-2000 Best Teacher Award, Flushing Hospital, Department of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Cardiology
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Associate Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Adjunct Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics - Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Education and Training
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 1989
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare of NY