Ji Y. Chong, M.D.
156 William Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10038
520 East 70th Street, Starr Pavilion, 607
New York, NY 10065
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Vascular Neurology
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Cerebral Aneurysm
- Carotid Ultrasound
- Neurovascular Disease
- Transcranial Doppler
- Carotid Arterial Disease
- Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., Georgetown University School of Medicine, 1998
- B.A., Yale University, 1994
Assistant Professor of Neurology (Interim)
Weill Cornell Medical College
Assistant Attending Neurologist
Ji Y. Chong, MD is the Site Chief of Neurology and the Director of the Stroke Center at New York Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital. She is an Assistant Professor of Neurology at Weill Cornell Medical College. Dr. Chong completed residency in Neurology at Columbia University Medical Center where she was also a chief resident. She then completed a two year fellowship in Vascular Neurology at Columbia. Prior to joining the faculty at Weill Cornell, she was an Assistant Professor of Neurology at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in the Division of Stroke. She also served as the Director of the Stroke Prevention Program at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital.
Dr. Chong specializes in the treatment and prevention of cerebrovascular disease. She has authored numerous peer reviewed papers on stroke, several book chapters, as well as the book Cerebrovascular Disease.
She sees patients at 156 William St, 7th floor.