I chose to expand my scope of practice from family medicine to Integrative Medicine because of my belief in the body as a system of interrelated parts that work in terms of patterns, not only symptoms. Beyond pharmaceuticals, I prefer to employ several paradigms of thought when considering treatment and diagnosis. I am passionate about nutrition, pre- and post-natal care, including all recent developments, and love having the opportunity to spend enough time with patients to assess every facet of their life to maximize wellness.
Specialties and Expertise
- Integrative Medicine
Dr. Cohen has been most excited by all forms of science since a very young age. She completed medical school at Ross University and her residency at United Health Services Wilson Medical Center, then went on to practice family medicine for one of the more underserved communities in Harlem. In recognition of the limitations of western medicine, she chose to broaden her scope of practice towards a more holistic approach, coincidentally around the same time that she got engaged to her now husband, an acupuncturist. Dr. Cohen completed Dr. Andrew Weil's two-year Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona as well as a one-year Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at Weill Cornell’s Integrative Health and Wellbeing, where she now serves as Fellowship Director in the department. She is board certified in both Family Medicine and Integrative Medicine. She has a passion for taking the time with each patient to understand their individual pattern and tailoring a lifestyle strategy that will be most beneficial. In addition to energy healing, becoming a mom herself has made fertility, pre- and post-natal care special areas of passion and expertise.
Dr. Cohen is an Integrative Medicine Physician and a consultation with her does not replace a primary care visit.
- American Board of Family Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Ross University School of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine (Dominica, WI), 2012
- B.A., State University of New York at Binghamton, 2007
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee Managed Care Plan
- Aetna Weill Cornell Employee PPO Plan
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- GHI - CBP
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
News and Media
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.
No External Relationships Reported