Jill Fong, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Obstetrical Anesthesia
- Otolaryngologic Anesthesia
- Robotic Anesthesia
- Ambulatory Anesthesia
- Anesthesia - Regional
- Laparoscopic Anesthesia
- Anesthesia, Laparoscopic
- Regional Anesthesia
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1984
Honors and Awards
Robert D. Dripps, M.D. Memorial Award, Outstanding Graduating Resident in Anesthesiology, 1988.
Chief Resident in Anesthesiology, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, 1986-1987.
Associate Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Attending Anesthesiologist
Dr. Jill Fong is a Board-Certified Anesthesiologist who provides anesthesia for a wide range of surgical specialties. She graduated from Cornell University in Ithaca with a BA in Chemistry and earned her MD from Weill Cornell Medical College. Dr. Fong completed her residency training and an Obstetrical Anesthesia Fellowship at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical College. She is currently an Associate Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology and an Associate Attending Anesthesiologist.
Dr. Fong is an experienced clinician, teacher, and researcher. Her clinical care efforts center around educating patients about and providing analgesia and anesthesia for their surgical procedures. She provides patient care throughout NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, particularly in the Ambulatory Surgical Area, Greenberg Operating Rooms, Obstetrical/Gastrointestinal/ Invasive Cardiology/Urologic Suites, and Other Non-Operating Room Sites. Her teaching responsibilities include daily clinical teaching of anesthesiology residents, of residents rotating from other clinical departments such as Oral & Facial Maxillary Surgery and the Emergency Department, and of medical students assigned to the anesthesiology rotation. Didactic teaching includes lectures and fully developed, implemented, and taught courses for the medical staff in the Departments of Anesthesiology, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Nursing. As a researcher, Dr. Fong has numerous peer-reviewed journal publications to her credit, as well as a variety of research presentations. She resides in New York City.