Jalong Gaan, M.D., Ph.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Adolescent Dermatology
- Dermatology, General
- Pediatric Dermatology
- Chemical Peel (Chemosurgery)
- Juvederm Filler Injection
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD)
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Tumor
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- M.D., University of South Carolina Medical School, 1985
- Ph.D., University of Notre Dame, 1975
Honors and Awards
NIH Grant NS16120-01,02,03 1980-1983
South Carolina Biomedical Research Grant, 22320 A10 1980
Associate Attending Dermatologist
Associate Professor of Clinical Dermatology
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Gaan received his Ph.D. in biochemistry at the University of Notre Dame, and finished his post-doctoral fellowship at the Delta Research Center of Tulane University. He completed his medical education at the Medical University of South Carolina while serving as a research assistant professor in the Department of Neurology. Dr. Gaan was a recipient of a NIH Grant and a Muscular Dystrophy Grant to study the biosynthesis and degradation of glycosphingolipids. Prior to joining the Weill Cornell Department of Dermatology he had a private practice, and served as a voluntary attending physician at Mt. Sinai Medical Center.
To schedule an appointment, please call 646-962-DERM (3376).