Specialties and Expertise
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Neuropsychology Consult
- Neuropsychological Testing Battery
- Psychological Tests, Neuropsychological
- Cognitive Remediation After Brain Surgery
- Cognitive Remediation After Chemotherapy
- Cognitive Remediation After Radiation
- Cognitive Remediation After Stroke
- Cognitive Remediation After Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cognitive Remediation After Brain Tumor Resection
- Cognitive Remediation After Cardiovascular Event
- Cognitive Remediation For Chronic Cardiovascular Disorders
- Cognitive Remediation For Movement Disorders
- Neuropsychological Assessment
I am committed to improving access to quality care and helping my patients and their families achieve optimal outcomes. Although my education and training have given me an understanding of brain-behavior relationships, seeing patients persevere when confronted with neurological disorders has truly taught me about providing care. My goal is to identify a patient’s strengths and weaknesses and make recommendations that integrate cultural values, community resources, and appropriate interventions to help children thrive.
Dr. Jessica Spat-Lemus is a clinical neuropsychologist who specializes in the neuropsychological testing, evaluation, and treatment of children with neurological disorders. She takes a multidisciplinary, multicultural approach and provides compassionate, understanding care to her patients and their families. Dr. Spat-Lemus believes in moving beyond a diagnosis to identify a patient’s strengths and weaknesses, in order to make recommendations that integrate cultural values, community resources, and appropriate interventions to help children thrive.
TRAININGDr. Spat-Lemus received her PhD in Clinical Psychology with Health Emphasis and training in Clinical Neuropsychology from Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology at Yeshiva University in Bronx, New York. She completed a two-year postdoctoral fellowship in Neuropsychology – in the Department of Neurology, within the division of Epilepsy and the Center for Cognitive Health – at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Medical Center. Dr. Spat-Lemus has extensive training in comprehensive Spanish and English-language neuropsychological assessments, with patients across the lifespan presenting with a variety of neurological diseases.
Dr. Spat-Lemus is experienced in conducting evaluations for patients requiring elective neurosurgery (including tumor resection, epilepsy surgery, deep brain stimulator implantation, and VP shunt) and Wada testing, as well as functional language mappings in both English and Spanish. As a complement to neurocognitive assessments, she provides cognitive remediation services to assist patients with attention and executive dysfunction and memory disorders in developing and maintaining compensatory strategies.
RESEARCH Dr. Spat-Lemus has focused her research and published on the cross-cultural aspects of neuropsychological testing as well as the neurocognitive performance in patients with multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and other neurological disorders. She has presented the results of her research at several national and international conferences such as the American Neurological Association, the American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology, and the International Neuropsychological Society.
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Psychologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Neuropsychology in Neurological Surgery - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- Ph.D., Yeshiva University, 2014
- M.A., Yeshiva University, 2011
- M.A., Montclair State University, 2008
- B.A., Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 2006
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY