You are here
Working at Weill Cornell Medicine, I am proud to be a member of superb multi-disciplinary teams that take care of patients with breast and endocrine diseases. As a breast and endocrine surgeon, my primary objective is improving my patients’ quality of life, and providing every patient with the information they need to make informed decisions through treatment. This is a process that we will go through together, in which patients are empowered and in the driver’s seat from day one.
I strive to give my patients the best possible surgical outcome, with great consideration to everyone’s individual perspectives and preferences, so that my patients are intimately involved in every step of their care.
What especially excites me about my field is the chance to positively impact my patients, who are often going through one of the most uncertain and vulnerable periods of their lives. I feel very fortunate that patients place their trust in me as their surgeon. It is great responsibility that I never take for granted. This is a truly exciting era for oncology – emerging research and new treatments make these areas exciting and dynamic fields.
Specialties & Expertise
- General Surgery
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Surgery
- Nipple Areola Sparing Mastectomy
- Breast Disease
- Cancer of Nipple and Areola of Female Breast
- Breast Biopsy
- Sentinel Node Biopsy For Breast
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Breast Lumpectomy
- Removal of Breast Lesion
- Minimally Invasive Breast Surgery
- Parathyroid Disease
- Thyroid Cancer
- Parathyroid Surgery
- Parathyroid Neoplasm
- Endocrine Tumor
- Endocrine Gland Cancer
- Endocrine Disease
- Endocrine Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Parathyroid Surgery
- Endocrine Surgery
- Sentinel Node
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Surgeon
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., New York University School of Medicine, 2004
- B.S., University of Michigan, 1999
Honors & Awards
Exceptional Women in Medicine Award, Castle Connolly, 2017
Top Doctor, Castle Connolly, 2017
Top Doctor, Castle Connolly, 2016
New York Rising Stars, Super Doctors, 2016
New York Rising Stars, Super Doctors, 2015
New York Rising Stars, Super Doctors, 2013
*Site Director, Breast & Endocrine Surgery, NYP/LMH
I am a surgeon specializing in breast surgical oncology and endocrine surgery. At Weill Cornell Medicine, I am proud of our multidisciplinary teams that provide the most advanced treatment options available in the New York area, to our patients with breast, thyroid, and parathyroid diseases. As a surgeon, my role is to help patients navigate this process and make the most informed decisions.
I am a dual-fellowship trained surgeon, an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Surgeon at New York Presbyterian Hospital. Following medical school and general surgery residency at New York University School of Medicine, I completed advanced surgical fellowships at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Yale.
My practice focuses on the treatment of benign and malignant disorders of the breast, thyroid, and parathyroid glands. These conditions include breast cancer, breast masses, abnormal mammograms and breast biopsies, a family history of breast cancer, thyroid nodules, thyroid cancer, hyperthyroidism (such as due to Graves disease), thyroid cancer, and hyperparathyroidism.
I have expertise in all aspects of breast surgery (including newer techniques such as nipple-sparing mastectomy), and endocrine surgery (minimally invasive parathyroidectomy, thyroidectomy, modified radical neck dissection, carotid body tumor excision, and intraoperative nerve monitoring).
In addition, we now offer patients with small papillary thyroid cancers the option of active surveillance, which can avoid unnecessary surgery. For patients with indeterminate thyroid nodules, I have published research on the optimal use of molecular assays such as Thyroseq and Afirma.
I am an active member of the New York Surgical Society, American Association of Endocrine Surgeons, American Society of Breast Surgeons, and the Society of Surgical Oncology. I am a regular speaker at national conferences and serve on several national society committees.
I see patients at Weill Cornell on the upper east side, at Lower Manhattan Hospital downtown, and at Methodist in Brooklyn.
Learn more about Thyroid FNA at NYP/LMH
Click here for answers to FAQ's regarding breast cancer