Specialties and Expertise
- Cataract Surgery
- Insertion of Multifocal Intraocular Lens
- Corneal Disorder
- Corneal Disease
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Corrective Vision Laser Surgery
- Laser Vision Correction
- Clinical Research
- Blurry Vision
- Decreased Vision
Welcome! When you visit our office at Weill Cornell Medicine, your overall experience and complete eye health is our top priority. “Skill with Compassion” is my dictum, and our team is dedicated to providing you with the best care possible. We strive to keep current on the latest techniques and treatment practices so we can provide you with the most optimal results. I offer a variety of general ophthalmology, cornea, and refractive surgery treatments to help restore and maintain your visual health. Some of these eye care services include: comprehensive eye examinations, cataract surgery, LASIK surgery, and dry eye. It is my sincere hope that you will find your trust in our care is not taken for granted, and we look forward to meeting you!
Jeffrey F. McMahon, M.D. is a board certified ophthalmologist and an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at Weill Cornell Medical College. His practice interests include cataracts and advanced cataract surgery, laser vision correction, diabetic eye exams, and comprehensive ophthalmology.
After obtaining his undergraduate degree in Molecular & Microbiology from the University of Central Florida, he received his M.D. from Jefferson Medical College with honors and was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society. He then completed his residency training in ophthalmology at the prestigious Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, during which time he was elected to serve as Co-Chief Resident.
Dr. McMahon’s research has focused on complex cataract and refractive surgery, vitreoretinal, and ocular oncology, and he has authored or co-authored various peer-reviewed papers and presentations in these areas. Dr. McMahon specializes in cataract surgery, laser vision correction (LASIK and PRK), and general eye disease.
Dr. McMahon has a strong interest in global health and academic global ophthalmology. While enrolled in college, he helped establish a medical volunteering interest group, organizing and directing trips to Haiti and Peru. While in residency, he worked abroad in Bomet, Kenya, assisting with skills-transfer by teaching local residents and students, and performing small incision cataract surgery (SICS).
Dr. McMahon is currently accepting new patients. He sees general eye patients and performs laser vision correction procedures. Appointments can be made by calling 646-962-2020, or by visiting http://www.weillcornelleye.org/.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Co-Chief Resident, Wills Eye Hospital
Carol R. Mullen Memorial Prize in Ophthalmology
Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society
Cecilia Goldberg Scholarship recipient, Jefferson Medical College
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Ophthalmologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, 2014
- B.S., University of Central Florida, Orlando, 2009
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem (HIP) Medicare Essential Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO