As a parent, I understand the stress involved with any doctor visit, particularly to a subspecialist. My goal is to provide you with all of the information needed to give you a thorough understanding of your child’s condition. I encourage questions and hope you will not leave our visit until you have asked every question that you have, no matter how big or small. I am fortunate to be surrounded by a wonderful team in the Division of Pediatric Cardiology to help care for children and their families, prenatally continuing through early adulthood. I firmly believe that you will find the care you receive here at Weill Cornell to be personalized, thorough, and compassionate.
Specialties and Expertise
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Echocardiography
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Congenital Heart Disease, Pediatric
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Heart Murmur
- Chest Pain In Children and Adolescents
- Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Pediatric ECG
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
- Long QT Syndrome
- Kawasaki Disease
- Marfan Syndrome
- Marfan's Syndrome
- Ventricular Septal Defect
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Transposition of the Great Arteries
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Atrioventricular Canal Defect
- Pulmonary Stenosis
- Aortic Stenosis
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus
- Coarctation of the Aorta
- Cardiac Complications of Cancer and Cancer Therapy
Dr. Dayton is Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Associate Attending Pediatrician at New-York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology. His expertise includes caring for children with a wide variety of congenital heart disease, including those diagnosed prenatally by a fetal echocardiogram.
An expert in pediatric heart disease, Dr. Dayton's clinical responsibilities include coverage of the pediatric echocardiography laboratory where he focuses on fetal, transthoracic, and transesophageal echocardiography. As a member of the Perinatal Center team, he works closely with the Divisions of Newborn Medicine and Maternal-Fetal Medicine to help coordinate the care of infants diagnosed with congenital heart disease.
Dr. Dayton completed his undergraduate studies at Cornell University, where he graduated magna cum laude. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in General Biological Sciences with a distinction in research. He earned his medical degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine, where he received a Dean's Letter of Commendation in 2002. After completing his residency in pediatrics at the Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta, Georgia, Dr. Dayton continued his training with a clinical fellowship in Pediatric Cardiology at the combined program of Columbia University Medical Center and Weill Cornell Medical College at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Dayton has presented his research nationally, including his project on post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder in pediatric heart transplant recipients.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
2006 Resident Research Day Award. Awarded to best presentation on original research.
2002 Dean’s Letter of Commendation. Awarded to medical students who earn 75 percent of available honors points in academic year.
2000 Distinction in Research Graduate. Awarded to undergraduate students who have written honors thesis based on original research.
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics (Pediatric Cardiology)
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Associate Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 2004
- B.S., Cornell University, 2000
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare Compass
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical
Locations and Appointments
Relationships and collaborations with for-profit and not-for profit organizations are of vital importance to our faculty because these exchanges of scientific information foster innovation. As experts in their fields, WCM physicians and scientists are sought after by many organizations to consult and educate. WCM and its faculty make this information available to the public, thus creating a transparent environment.