You are here
I love teaching new parents and empowering them with the soothing skills that I have learned over my thirty five plus years of pediatric experience.
What better task in life them improving the world by having a positive impact one child at a time. The reason I'm a pediatrician is explained to me every day in the eyes of each newborn and the smiles of every child I see.
Specialties & Expertise
- General Pediatrics
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Pediatrician
Affiliate Instructor in Clinical Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Catholic University of the Sacred Heart Faculty of Medicine and Surgery (Italy), 1979
Dr. Joseph Licata graduated from Iona College in 1973. He continued his medical studies at Catholic University of the Sacred Heart Medical School where he was awarded his MD in 1979. He completed his residency at Lenox Hill Hospital in 1982. He is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the New York County Medical Society.
Prior to joining Weill Cornell Medical College in 2015 Dr. Licata held a teaching position at Mount Sinai Hospital and was a member of a private practice.