Locations and Appointments
- Child Neurology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Epilepsy
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., State University of New York at Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, 2009
- B.A., The Johns Hopkins University, 2004
Going to the doctor can be stressful for anyone, and being admitted to the hospital even more so. I am privileged to help my patients and their families through such challenging times and am dedicated to caring them in body and mind. “They may not remember who was there, but they will never forget how they made you feel” -Maya Angelou
Dr. Jamie Palaganas is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medicine and an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Dr. Palaganas obtained her B.A. in Psychology with Minors in Cello and Voice Performance from Johns Hopkins University in 2004. After graduating, she worked for a year with a child neurologist and found her calling. She pursued her medical degree (M.D.) at the University of Buffalo, graduating in 2009, and completed her residency in Pediatrics at Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo followed by her residency in Child Neurology at Boston Children’s Hospital. Dr. Palaganas is board certified in pediatrics and neurology with special qualifications in child neurology.
During residency, Dr. Palaganas identified her passion for acute inpatient neurology and joined the faculty at Boston Children’s Hospital as their first pediatric neurohospitalist. She served as Physician Leader for quality improvement, Assistant Director of Inpatient Neurology and led the GME Subcommittee for Housestaff Wellness at Boston Children’s Hospital prior to joining the faculty at Weill Cornell Medicine. As a pediatric neurohospitalist, she focuses on providing high quality care to acutely ill children, improving the transition from inpatient to outpatient care and cultivating interdisciplinary teams to best care for patients in all aspects of their life with neurologic conditions.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Palaganas’ areas of interest include Quality Improvement, Patient Safety, Education and Physician Wellness. She leads a special interest group in pediatric neurohospitalist medicine at the Child Neurology Society, and has also become the first board member of the Neurohospitalist Society who is a pediatric neurologist. Dr. Palaganas has completed the Program for Clinical Effectiveness at the Harvard School of Public Health; a Faculty Fellowship for Leaders in Collaborative and Humanistic Interprofessional Education through the Institute for Professionalism and Ethical Practice; and the Live Well Lead Well Leadership Program through the American Academy of Neurology.
Her philosophy of medicine is that in treating patients, the wellness of the patient, family and care team are all important in providing the best care. She values the importance of effective communication to learn about her patients and develop individualized treatment plans that integrate pharmacology, lifestyle modifications, cognitive approaches, physical therapy, and complementary therapies.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- WellCare Health Plans
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
- 2017, Live Well Lead Well Leadership Program, American Academy of Neurology
- 2016, Scholar Member, Boston Children’s Academy for Teaching and Educational Innovation and Scholarship
- 2015, Faculty Innovated Research Award, Medical Staff Organization, Boston Children’s Hospital
- 2013, Farley Fund Fellowship Award, Boston Children’s Hospital
- 2004, Membership in honors society: Psi Chi Honor Society
- 2002-2004, Dean’s List, Johns Hopkins University
- 2001, Membership in honors organization: National Society of Collegiate Scholars