You are here
New York, NY 10065
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- B.M., Shandong Medical College (China), 1998
Honglei Zhang, M.D. is a board-certified in Nuclear Medicine with additional expertise in Body Imaging. She is an Assistant Professor at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Zhang earned her M.D. at the Shandong Medical University in China in 1998. She has received extensive training as a Radiology Resident in the Qilu Hospital of Shandong University in China where she also served as an Attending Radiologist in 2002. Dr. Zhang completed specialized fellowship training in Body Imaging as well as residency training in Nuclear Medicine at NYP – WCMC. She received the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Employee CARE award for outstanding service to patients in 2015.
An active member of the research community, Dr. Zhang has published widely on a wide variety of imaging techniques and imaging safety topics including body MRI, contrast-enhanced MR angiography and gadolinium induced nephrogenic systemic fibrosis. She has held academic staff positions of Weill Cornell Medical College before joining the Department of Radiology as an Assistant Professor in July 2015. She achieved Board Certification in Nuclear Medicine in October 2015.
Dr. Zhang’s clinical expertise is in Nuclear Medicine and Body Imaging. She interprets a variety of studies including general nuclear medicine studies and PET/CT. She also performs radioablation of thyroid disease treatment and radio-immunotherapy.
Dr. Zhang research interests include radiation safety and thyroid disease. In addition to clinical and research activities, Dr. Zhang is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Zhang is a member of several radiological societies listed below:
- Radiological Society of North America
- International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine
- Society of Nuclear Medicine