Haviva Veler, M.D.
Personal StatementComing soon!
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Sleep Medicine
- Pediatric Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Sleep Apnea
- Pediatric Sleep Disorders
- Sleep and Snoring Disorders
- Airway Disorder
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
- Chronic Lung Disease
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- Night Terrors
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Home Mechanical Ventilation
- Lung Disease In Neuromuscular Patients
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- M.D., Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Faculty of Medicine (Israel), 1997
- B.S., Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Israel), 1993
Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Associate Attending Pediatrician
Dr. Haviva Veler is the Director for the Weill Cornell Pediatric Sleep and Breathing Disorders Center. She also serves as Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Weill Cornell Medical College, and is an Assistant Attending Pediatrician at NewYork-Presbyterian Phyllis and David Komansky Center for Children's Health/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Board certified in Pediatrics, Pediatric Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine, Dr. Veler is an expert in sleep medicine and obstructive sleep apnea. She received her medical degree at the Technion Institute of Technology, School of Medicine in Haifa, Israel. She completed her internship and residency at Maimonides' Infant and Children's Hospital in Brooklyn, New York, and then went on to complete a fellowship program in Pediatric Pulmonology at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), staying on as an attending physician. In 2006, Dr. Veler returned to New York City, joining the Department of Pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Montefiore, where she also served as the Director of the Pulmonary Function Test Laboratory from 2007-2010.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Veler is the author of several peer-reviewed articles and a book chapter on asthma. She also serves as a reviewer for pulmonary journals. Her research experience includes looking at airway smooth muscle cells as a potential super-antigen in asthmatics.
Dr. Veler's current research interest focuses on evaluation of upper airway abnormalities, in the context of upper airway obstruction and in kids with obstructive sleep apnea, in a non invasive way through the use of the impulse oscillometry system (IOS).
Dr. Veler's Videos:
- Back to School: Sleep Issues for Children [4-NBCNewYork]
- Pediatric Sleep Tips with Dr. Veler: What Are Night Terrors? How Can I Help My Child with Night Terrors?