You are here
I chose to be a pediatrician because I enjoy the opportunity to work with children and follow them as they mature and grow.
I found my passion with pediatric nephrology, where I am privileged to be intimately involved with patients and their families in clinical care, and also engaged with the research of emerging issues affecting children.
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Urinary Problems and Treatment
- Kidney Stones
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Failure
- Kidney Transplantation
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.B.,B.S., J.S.S. Medical College (India), 2004
Assistant Attending Pediatrician
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Suman received her degree in Medicine (M.B.B.S.) from J.S.S. Medical College in India. Following medical school, she completed a residency in Pediatrics at Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY, and was appointed as Chief Resident in Pediatrics for an additional year. After the residency program, she completed a fellowship in Pediatric Nephrology at The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY. Since she wanted to pursue a career in clinical research, she complemented fellowship training with a Master of Science Degree in Clinical Research Methods from the Clinical Research Training Program (CRTP) at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Her areas of interest include pediatric hypertension, nephrotic syndrome, urinary tract disorders, acute kidney injury, chronic kidney disease and kidney transplantation.