Dr. Kim received her medical degree in 1984 from Ewha Woman’s University, College of Medicine, Seoul Korea. She currently serves as the A. David Gurewitsch Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine and Pediatrics of Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons and Weill Cornell Medical College and Director of Pediatric Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Medicine at New York Presbyterian. Dr. Kim is board-certified and specializes in single event multilevel chemoneurolysis (SEMLC) with botulinum toxin and ethanol injections, botulinum toxin injections to salivary glands for drooling management, intrathecal baclofen (ITB) and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
Dr. Kim joined NewYork-Presbyterian in 2011, prior to which she served as an Assistant Chief for the Division of Child Development, Rehabilitation and Metabolic Disease; a Medical Director of Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine; and a Medical Director of the Cerebral Palsy Program at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
Dr. Kim is has been working internationally to build a “comprehensive team approach for the children with special needs.” Her international work has been extended to Chile, Mexico, Nepal, China, Korea, Dubai and Italy through lectures and workshops along with patient care.
Dr. Kim is fluent in Korean.
Specialties and Expertise
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine
- Pediatric Stroke
- Pediatric Pain Management
- Pediatric Neuromuscular Disease
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Inflammatory Muscle Disease
- Baclofen Pump Implantation
- Muscle Atrophy
- Injection, Botulinum Toxin
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Abnormal Gait
- Foot Deformity
- Sports Injury
- Neuromuscular Disorder
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Muscle Pain
- Muscle Stiffness
- Cerebral Palsy
- Pediatric Cerebral Palsy
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Professor of Clinical Rehabilitation Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Professor of Clinical Rehabilitation Medicine - Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Attending Physiatrist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education and Training
- B.M., Ewha Women's University College of Medicine (Republic of Korea), 1984
Insurance Plans Accepted
For relevant information regarding accepted insurances, please contact this provider directly.