Locations and Appointments
- General Dentistry
- Oral Oncology
- Oral Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Professor of Surgery (Dentistry, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery) - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Assistant Attending Dentist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Education & Training
- D.M.D., New Jersey Dental School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2008
- Other, University of Copenhagen (Denmark), 2004
Heidi J. Hansen, DMD, is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Weill Cornell Medicine, an Assistant Attending Dentist at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine and the Program Director for the General Practice residency in Dentistry. Board-certified in Oral Medicine, Dr. Hansen practices Oral Medicine / Oral Oncology and general dentistry. She specializes in the management of oral mucosal diseases and in the dental and oral management of the oncology patient, specifically the management of patients undergoing head and neck radiation therapy, chemotherapy and stem cell transplantation.
Heidi Hansen, DMD, received her dental degree (Candidata odontologia) from the University of Copenhagen, Denmark in 2004 and her D.M.D. from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in 2008. She completed a fellowship in infectious disease in dentistry in 2005 and a fellowship in Oral Medicine in 2009, both at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. In 2010, Dr. Hansen completed a General Practice residency in Dentistry at New York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medicine, and she completed a fellowship in Dental Oncology at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in 2011. Her clinical expertise includes the management of oral mucosal diseases, including the oral adverse effects of cancer treatment, and the dental management of the oncology patient, specifically the management of patients undergoing head and neck radiation therapy, chemotherapy and stem cell transplantation. Dr. Hansen is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Medicine. Her research interests include topics within the field of Oral Medicine / Oral Oncology.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)