You are here
Dr. Geeta Sharma practices at Weill Cornell Ob/Gyn’s 68th Street offices. She specializes in high risk obstetrics.
Specialties & Expertise
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [NYPH Employees Only]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Assistant Attending Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Education & Training
- M.D., Cornell University Medical College, 1997
Dr. Geeta Sharma is Board Certified in both General Obstetrics and Gynecology and Perinatology. As a specialist in Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM), Dr. Geeta Sharma is an expert in recognizing and dealing with the wide range of risk factors and complications that can affect mothers and their babies at all stages of pregnancy. The primary focus of her practice is perinatology. She also is an expert in amniocentesis and cordocentesis (fetal cord blood sampling or transfusion) procedures.
Many of Dr. Sharma’s patients are older women, have undergone fertility therapies or may have a medical condition that requires a high risk specialist. To learn more about what may constitute a high risk pregnancy, kindly refer to www.smfm.org and select the patient resources section entitled “What is Maternal-Fetal Medicine." These factors fit the profile of patients often referred to Weill Cornell’s renowned MFM practice.
Weill Cornell is recognized as one of the world’s leading centers for clinical practice, research and teaching in the rapidly developing field of high risk obstetrics. For knowledgeable healthcare consumers and referring physicians throughout the NY-Metropolitan area, Weill Cornell is the preferred provider of health care services for women who are or want to become pregnant.
As someone who has experienced Weill Cornell’s Ob/Gyn department as a medical student, physician, patient and parent, Dr. Sharma believes its level of patient care is as extraordinary as its levels of quality and expertise.
Dr. Sharma comes by her interest in medicine naturally. She was raised in a family of physicians, and her mother is also a high risk Ob/Gyn physician. In addition to the practice of medicine, Dr. Sharma has a long-standing interest in issues of international health and maternal well-being.
A graduate of Haverford (PA) College, Dr. Sharma received her M.D. from Cornell University Medical College. Her post-doctoral training included an internship and residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, and a Fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital /Weill Medical College of Cornell University. She accepted a faculty appointment at Columbia Presbyterian in 2004 and returned to Weill Cornell Medical College in 2006.