You are here
New York, NY 10065
Genevieve Abbey, M.D. is a radiologist specializing in Women’s Imaging and Body Imaging. She is an Assistant Professor at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Abbey earned her B.A. in Chemistry and History from the City University of New York – Hunter College, graduating magna cum laude in 2003. She received her M.D. degree from Drexel University – College of Medicine in 2007. She was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society in 2006.
Following a transitional internship at Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Center, Dr. Abbey served as a resident in Diagnostic Radiology from 2008-2012 at NYU Langone Medical Center. She remained at NYU-Langone to complete a Fellowship in Breast Imaging. Before joining the Weill Cornell Medical College faculty in August 2015, Dr. Abbey served as a radiologist in private practice from 2013 – 2015.
Dr. Abbey’s clinical expertise is in Breast and Body Imaging. She interprets a variety of studies including mammography, ultrasound, MRIs, CTs, and x-rays. She also performs several breast procedures including stereotactic, ultrasound, and MRI guided biopsies, and peri-operative needle localizations. She achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in 2012.
Dr. Abbey is an active and involved teacher of residents, fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Abbey is a member of several radiological societies listed below:
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - NYPH Employees Only
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care - Medicare
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
Clinical & Academic Positions
Assistant Attending Radiologist
Assistant Professor of Clinical Radiology
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., Drexel University College of Medicine, 2007
- B.A., Hunter College, City University of New York, 2003