One of my goals for each patient interaction that I have, is to educate and empower patients to be active in their health care decisions, choices, and outcomes.
For more information on Dr. Husain, including office contact information, please CLICK HERE.
Dr. Husain is currently licensed to practice medicine in the states of New York, California, and New Jersey.
Patient Form for Upcoming Visits
Video Visits / Telemedicine Appointments
At Weill Cornell Medicine, Department of Urology, our top priority remains the care of our patients. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we are emphasizing the use of Video Visits to provide a safe, effective, secure, and convenient way to provide care. Video Visits allows us to continue to fulfill our mission to provide best-in-class care for all of our patients.
New and existing patients will have direct access to Dr. Husain through a smartphone (preferred) or computer. Our patients will receive instructions to a unique, secure, and private link to access the Video Visit session once the appointment is scheduled.
Nearly all of our visits are being performed via Video Visit at this time. During the Video Visit with Dr. Husain, she will determine if an in-person office visit is needed.
Please call our office at (718) 230-7788 to schedule a private Video Visit today.
Click on the links below for more information and instructions on how to inititate your Video Visit.
"'She was absolutely AMAZING! She asks all the right questions and is truly concerned for your well-being. 10/10 recommend her." - July 31, 2020 via Healthgrades
“I was very impressed with Dr. Husain. She’s very engaging and easy going. I will continue to use Dr. Husain to address any urological concerns.” - April 23, 2020 via Healthgrades
"Great physician - detail oriented, attentive, good bedside manner, timely, and very knowledgeable." - Dec 21, 2019 via Healthgrades
Dr. Fatima Z. Husain is a New Jersey native who graduated from Rutgers University and obtained a Master of Public Health, prior to graduating from medical school. She completed urology residency training at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York, and went on to complete the prestigious and competitive fellowship in Advanced Robotics and Laparoscopy and Urologic Oncology at the University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine in Los Angeles, California.
Dr. Husain’s areas of expertise include robotic and minimally invasive cancer and reconstructive surgery, the management and treatment of enlarged prostates, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, voiding dysfunction, and various other male and female urologic conditions.
Dr. Husain is a diplomate of the American Board of Urology, and a member of the American Urologic Association, New York Section of the AUA, and Society of Women in Urology.
In addition to her work as a surgeon, Dr. Husain is an active contributor to the urology community in both academics and research, writing and publishing both book chapters and research papers, as well as teaching residents and medical students.
English, Spanish, Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Urologist - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Urology - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine, 2011
- M.P.H., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2007
- B.S., Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 2004
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical