Locations and Appointments
- LGBT Health Care
- Primary Care Internist
- Education About Prevention of Transmission of HIV
- Education About Weight Control In Diabetes
- Weight Loss
- Skin Disease
- Mental Health
- Internal Medicine
- Addiction Medicine
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.D., New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2010
- Ph.D., City University of New York, 2004
- B.A., Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 2000
Dr. Eugene Festa graduated from Rutgers College, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology and honors for his thesis research on alcohol abuse. He subsequently completed a Ph.D. in Biological Psychology from The City University of New York and published over 20 articles regarding sex differences in psychostimulant abuse.
Dr. Festa received his medical doctorate from Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, graduating in the top quintile of his class and was admitted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha medical honors society. A medical internship was completed at New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center, and residency training in internal medicine was completed at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Jersey.
In addition to general medicine and primary care, his specific clinical areas of interest include LGBT health, HIV care, PrEP, diabetes and weight loss management, skin diseases and mental health. Dr Festa is devoted to establishing long term relationships with his patients and working with them to achieve their best selves in both mind and body.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - HMO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care