Eric R. Weinberg, M.D.
Personal StatementI entered the field of academic pediatric emergency medicinefor several reasons: the setting allows me to help a large number of patients with a wide variety of clinical illness, andI have the opportunity to teach residents and medical students on an everyday basis -- at the bedside, in the lecture hall,and in simulated patient environments.
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Ultrasound
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE [HMO]
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University, 1998
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2002
Honors and Awards
Department of Pediatrics, NYU School of Medicine Fellow of the Year Teaching Award NYU School of Medicine
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resident of the Year
Resident Professionalism Award
Honors in Pediatrics, Pediatric Sub-internship, Psychiatry, Ophthalmology, Pediatric Infectious Disease, Pediatric Cardiology Clerkships, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
Howard Hughes Scholarship for Undergraduate Research
Assistant Attending Pediatrician
Clinical Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Weill Cornell Medical College
Dr. Weinberg is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Pediatrician in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Weinberg received his medical degree from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, and completed his pediatric residency training and pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at New York University School of Medicine.
Dr. Weinberg’s clinical interests include simulation training in medical education, evidence-based medical practice, pediatric emergency ultrasound, pediatric disaster preparation, and patient-centered-care initiatives. He has championed the formation of a pediatric simulation program at Weill-Cornell, with the goal of improving patient safety through simulation-based training of residents and medical students and recently published a review of simulation in pediatric resident education.
Additional contributions to resident education include teaching the principles of evidence-based practice via journal clubs, didactic sessions, and bedside approach to patients in the pediatric emergency department. He has successfully implemented a pediatric emergency ultrasound curriculum for Weill Cornell faculty, and has taught hands-on ultrasound workshops at national pediatric conferences.
Dr. Weinberg is the pediatric faculty representative on the Weill-Cornell Disaster Committee and is a member of the pediatric centered care committee, where he has helped to improve the approach to pain control in the pediatric emergency department.