Eric R. Weinberg, M.D.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Specialties and Expertise
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Emergency Ultrasound
Dr. Weinberg is an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Pediatrician in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Weinberg received his medical degree from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, and completed his pediatric residency training and pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at New York University School of Medicine.
Dr. Weinberg’s clinical interests include simulation training in medical education, evidence-based medical practice, pediatric emergency ultrasound, pediatric disaster preparation, and patient-centered-care initiatives. He has championed the formation of a pediatric simulation program at Weill-Cornell, with the goal of improving patient safety through simulation-based training of residents and medical students and recently published a review of simulation in pediatric resident education.
Additional contributions to resident education include teaching the principles of evidence-based practice via journal clubs, didactic sessions, and bedside approach to patients in the pediatric emergency department. He has successfully implemented a pediatric emergency ultrasound curriculum for Weill Cornell faculty, and has taught hands-on ultrasound workshops at national pediatric conferences.
Dr. Weinberg is the pediatric faculty representative on the Weill-Cornell Disaster Committee and is a member of the pediatric centered care committee, where he has helped to improve the approach to pain control in the pediatric emergency department.
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Department of Pediatrics, NYU School of Medicine Fellow of the Year Teaching Award NYU School of Medicine
Pediatric Emergency Medicine Resident of the Year
Resident Professionalism Award
Honors in Pediatrics, Pediatric Sub-internship, Psychiatry, Ophthalmology, Pediatric Infectious Disease, Pediatric Cardiology Clerkships, Mt. Sinai School of Medicine
Howard Hughes Scholarship for Undergraduate Research
- American Board of Pediatrics
Education and Training
- M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 2002
- B.S., Pennsylvania State University, 1998
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this doctor. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the doctor’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this doctor is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- AETNA - Medicare
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY
- WorldWide Medical