Locations and Appointments
- Pediatric Neurology
- Child Neurology
- X Linked Adrenoleukodystrophy
- Neurodevelopmental Disorder
Clinical & Academic Positions
- Assistant Attending Pediatrician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Instructor in Pediatrics - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education & Training
- M.BE., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 2012
- M.D., Temple University School of Medicine, 2012
- A.B., University of Scranton, 2008
My goal is to provide the most comprehensive care available to children affected by neurological diseases, ranging from the common to the rare and complex. I believe in a multidisciplinary approach to care, which is a team effort between the patient, physicians, parents, social workers, nutritionists, and mental health professionals as necessary.
My aim is to create a clinic with translational neuroscience capabilities by connecting our care team with patient advocacy groups and research opportunities to make accurate diagnoses, strengthen disease-specific support networks, and to make inroads towards treatments for the often devastating neurological diseases of childhood.
Eric Mallack, MD, MBE is an Assistant Attending at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and Instructor of Pediatrics in the Division of Child Neurology at Weill Cornell Medicine. He is currently a research scholar under the NIH/NINDS Neurological Sciences Academic Development Award (NSADA K12). Additionally, he is a faculty neurologist in the Center for Neurogenetics at Weill Cornell Medicine.
Dr. Mallack completed his A.B. in Philosophy and Biomathematics at The University of Scranton. He then simultaneously earned his Medical Doctorate from the Temple University School of Medicine, and his Master’s Degree in Bioethics (MBE) from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Dr. Mallack completed his Pediatrics and Child Neurology Residency training at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center.
Dr. Mallack’s clinical interests include the class of diseases known as the leukodystrophies with a special interest in X-Linked Adrenoleukodystrophy, and childhood neurogenetic disorders. His research interests include gene therapy for X-Linked Adrenoleukodystrophy and advanced neuroimaging.
About Dr. Mallack's Research Program
Dr. Mallack's translational research program allies with the Newborn Screening Program and Patient/Parent Advocacy Groups to identify presymptomatic patients with X-Linked Adrenoleukodystrophy. He is investigating the ability of multiple advanced neuroimaging techniques, including diffusion tensor imaging, to identify patients appropriate for stem cell transplant prior to symptom onset. Dr. Mallack is a faculty neurologist in the Center for Neurogenetics which focuses on understanding the genetic mechanisms responsible for abnormal brain development. He is also investigating genotype-phenotype correlations in autism under the Weill Cornell Autism Research Project (WCARP).
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Amida Care
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Pathway X Enhanced
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care - Community Plan
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- WellCare Health Plans
Honors and Awards
Honors and Awards
Neurological Sciences Academic Development Award, NIH-NINDS K12 Physician Scientist Award Program (2017 – 2020)
Chief Resident, Child Neurology, NY-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center (2016 – 2017)
Bioethics and Humanity Award, Temple University School of Medicine Center for Bioethics, Urban Health, and Policy (2012)
American Academy of Neurology Medical Student Prize for Excellence in Neurology (2012)
Charles Schnall Academic Leadership Scholarship Award, Temple University School of Medicine (2011)
Arrupe Academic Scholarship, The University of Scranton (2004 – 2008)
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America (2001)