You are here
1484-1486 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10075
P: (212) 746-7000 | F: (212) 717-8207
I have been a geriatrician for more than two decades and I love practicing and teaching this area of medicine. Being a doctor is a true privilege, and helping people cope with the challenges of their later years is especially rewarding.
Although I have practiced geriatrics in a number of venues, my work is now largely hospital-based. Caring for hospitalized older individuals requires collaboration, and I value and enjoy the expertise of my colleagues from all fields. I believe in participatory medicine and encourage my patients and their families to be informed, active members of our care team.
- Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Inpatient Treatment
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus [CHP]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans [Metro/Core/Charter]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- M.D., The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1983
Mason Adams Professor of Geriatric Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College
Professor of Clinical Medicine
Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Dr. Siegler is an Attending Physician and the Medical Director of the Geriatrics Inpatient Services at the Weill Cornell Campus of New York-Presbyterian Hospital. She is also Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College, whose faculty she joined in 2000.
After receiving her undergraduate degree in Biochemical Sciences from Princeton University, Dr. Siegler obtained her M.D. from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She trained in Internal Medicine at Bellevue and New York University Hospitals, where she was intern, resident, and chief resident. Following residency, Dr. Siegler completed her fellowship in General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics at the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Siegler is Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. She is a member of many organizations in her field, including the American College of Physicians, the Gerontological Society of America, and the American Geriatrics Society. She is also a reviewer for the Annals of Internal Medicine and Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. Dr. Siegler is actively involved in departmental and hospital Quality Improvement activities. She spends most of her time caring for patients and teaching geriatrics; her scholarly work has focused most recently on medical records and the notes physicians write.
Dr. Siegler is dedicated to promoting comprehensive, compassionate care of the elderly. Although primarily a geriatric hospitalist, she also sees outpatients at the Irving Sherwood Wright Center on Aging.