Specialties and Expertise
- Geriatric Medicine
- Inpatient Treatment
I have been a geriatrician for more than three decades and I love practicing and teaching this area of medicine. Being a doctor is a true privilege, and helping people cope with the challenges of their later years is especially rewarding.
I have practiced geriatrics in a number of venues. I value collaboration and enjoy the expertise of my colleagues from all fields. I believe in participatory medicine and encourage my patients and their families to be informed, active members of our care team.
Dr. Siegler is an Attending Physician at the Weill Cornell Campus of New York-Presbyterian Hospital. She is also Professor of Clinical Medicine and the Mason Adams Professor of Geriatric Medicine at Weill Cornell Medical College, whose faculty she joined in 2000.
After receiving her undergraduate degree in Biochemical Sciences from Princeton University, Dr. Siegler obtained her M.D. from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She trained in Internal Medicine at Bellevue and New York University Hospitals, where she was intern, resident, and chief resident. Following residency, Dr. Siegler completed her fellowship in General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics at the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Siegler is a member of many organizations in her field, including the American College of Physicians, the Gerontological Society of America, and the American Geriatrics Society. Dr. Siegler is actively involved in departmental and hospital Quality Improvement activities and she is Associate Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency. She spends most of her time caring for patients and teaching geriatrics; her scholarly work has focused most recently on the needs of people aging with HIV.
Dr. Siegler is dedicated to promoting comprehensive, compassionate care of older people. She is an attending on the inpatient geriatric service and sees outpatients at the Center on Aging and the Center for Special Studies.
- Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
Clinical and Academic Positions
- Mason Adams Professor of Geriatric Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
- Attending Physician - NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- Professor of Clinical Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University
Education and Training
- M.D., The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1983
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA - HMO
- AETNA - Medicare
- AETNA - PPO
- Aetna - Weill Cornell - POS
- Aetna-NYP - EPO/POS
- Affinity Access
- Affinity Health Plan
- AgeWell New York
- Amida Care
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Access
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Blue Connection
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - EPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Mediblue (Senior)
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield - PPO
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield HealthPlus - CHP
- Fidelis Care
- GHI - CBP
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicaid
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) - Medicare
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Oxford Health Plans - Medicare Advantage
- Oxford Health Plans - Metro/Core/Charter
- Oxford Health Plans - Liberty
- Oxford Health Plans - Freedom
- Rockefeller University - Trustmark
- United Empire
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare - Community Plan
- United Healthcare - Medicare
- United Healthcare Compass
- VNSNY CHOICE - HMO
- VNSNY CHOICE - Medicare
- WellCare of NY